Track Your Request
Track Your Request
+91-7604047602 Our Team About Us Legal Blog Free Legal Advice Login
Vidhikarya Text Logo
Administrative Law (44)
Adoption (6)
Advertising (3)
Animal Laws (5)
Arbitration and Mediation (4)
Aviation (4)
Banking (79)
Bankruptcy and Debt (19)
Cheque Bounce (15)
Child Custody (17)
Civil (203)
Commercial (10)
Consumer Protection (67)
Contracts and Agreements (52)
Corporate and Incorporation (17)
Criminal (114)
Customs, Excise (4)
Cyber Crime (15)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (47)
Debt and Lending Agreement (19)
Debt Collection (26)
Divorce (123)
Divorce and Separation (33)
Documentation (35)
Domestic Violence (30)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (3)
Employment and Labour (196)
Environment and Natural Resources (2)
Family (119)
Financial Markets and Services (12)
Government Contracts (1)
Human Rights (34)
Immigration (7)
Industrial Laws (6)
Insurance (17)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (9)
International Laws (7)
IT Contracts (14)
Juvenile (3)
Landlord and Tenant (47)
Licensing (1)
Mail Fraud (5)
Maternity (4)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (1)
Mergers and Acquisition (1)
Military Laws (4)
Motor Accident (11)
Muslim Laws (2)
Mutual Consent Divorce (3)
Open Source Codes (1)
Partnership (8)
Police Laws (5)
Power of Attorney (8)
Privacy (10)
Property (297)
Real Estate (49)
Registration (10)
RTI (6)
Sale (6)
Sale of Goods (8)
Sex Crime (10)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (10)
Tax (6)
Tax-GST (2)
Tax-Income Tax (12)
Tax-Property Tax (3)
Telecommunication (1)
Torts (6)
Transportation (6)
Trust and Society (NGO) (7)
Will (17)
Work Permits (3)
Writ (14)
Hi, Due to some unavoidable reason, me and my friend are planning to buy a property which is going to be registered in my name. However, I will be giving a irrevocable power of attorney soon after so

Posted 1 week ago

A. The question here is that what is it that you want to safeguard? Is it the legally valid transfer of the property to your friend or your rights in the property? Unless you let us know what is the safeguard you are looking for the answer is difficult to provide.


I had taken a gpa of 18 people to sell our land I have sold the land now I am distributing the money they are blackmailing me for more money they have charged the sdm for registering the gpa, now what

Posted 2 months ago

A. Hi,
Power of Attorney, or POA, is a legal document giving an attorney-in-charge or legal agent the authority to act on behalf of the principal. You have the right to do in accordance with the power of attorney and they can't do anything if you have done something in that capacity.
Please rate my answer
Thank You

Srinivasan K

I am writing to seek advice regarding legal related implications for sale of my agriculture land. I am planning to sell an agricultural land in a rural Tamil Nadu. The buyer wants to register the land

Posted 2 months ago

A. Hi,
The buyer is someone to whom the property is being transferred. If you want to execute power of attorney to someone, he won't be the owner of the property but has the right to do transactions related to the property. PoA is a legal document giving an attorney-in-charge or legal agent the authority to act on behalf of the principal.
Please rate my answer
Thank You


Sir I am trying to sell a flat in Goa India but due to covid my Father who is leaving in Oman muscat cannot come down to Goa India and the Flat is in my both father's and mother's name but but mother

Posted 5 months ago

A. Your father will have to remain present in India for sale agreement registration process, even if Power of Attorney is executed in someone else's favour the same will be required to be registered since it involves sale of property. I would advise you to ask buyer to wait for some time if possible. Thank you.

anshul gupta

hello sir ... i want to get a suggestion about a property dispute going on in my family. my grand mother was the owner of the property and in her will she mentioned that my dad and my uncle will be th

Posted 1 year ago

A. Power of attorney is not a document fro transferring rights in a property rather it is a document which enable a holder to do transactions for that property. So, if your aunts are saying that they hold the property just because they have PoA then they are wrong and in court of law it will not stand.
In case they say that they can sell the property because they have PoA then also they will be wrong as Section 201 of the Contract Act, 1872 lays down;
Termination of agency.—An agency is terminate ...ReadMore

Venkatachalam Kolandaiya

How to settle the property amongst three daughters amicably and legally ? My father in law has three married daughters and no son(s). He is 85 years old and has living wife who is 82 years. He want

Posted 2 years ago

A. The way your father-in-law wants to do the transaction is like going in circles. He wants to give away the self acquired property to his daughters but wants to keep the selling rights to himself by getting PoA from them. This will complicate the matter and transaction.
Better let him write a will giving equal share to his daughters and the property will directly go to them after his demise. And as long as he is alive he can sell the property when needed.

Joe Deelly

I am holding A general Power Of Attorney which was made by my brother on my behalf from the UAE and has now returned back due to sickness, and since his Passport has also been expired does the POA als

Posted 3 years ago

A. No POA does not expire unless your brother revoke his POA. This revocation should be in writing, signed by him in front of a notary public, and delivered to the you and any third parties with whom you have been in contact. Your brother is required to issue a public notice through local newspapers, without which, the revocation shall stand void. If your POA was registered , then your brother need a registered deed of cancellation
I have purchased a flat in Uttam Nagar Delhi in July 2013. The owner executed a notarised irrevokable General Power of Attorney and signed the Agreement to Sale and Purchase having a stamp duty of rs

Posted 3 years ago

A. You have to take up the issue through Vidhikarya for engaging a Professional property Lawyer of your jurisdiction and guide , help and assisit you on all aspects of the issue in favour of your custody of the flat quickly.
Our Team
Lawyer Login
Be a Partner

Download the Lawyers App on

Vidhikarya App on Android Platform
Contact Details
[email protected]
No. 2, First Floor, Subharaj
Plot No. CE/1/C/19, Premises No. 18-0208,
Action Area- 1, New Town