Vidhikarya Logo
Callback Request
Call Back Request
Track Your Request
Track Your Request
+91-7604047602 Legal Blog For Students Free Legal Advice Lawyer Login


A property of a minor will be held by either natural guardian or guardian appointed by the court who will be entirely responsible for taking care of child and its welfare.

Any minor having a property in his name is accompanied by a Natural guardian or in case any guardian appointed by the court to take care of such minor. a sale of minor's property by guardian can be done by a guardian only with the prior permissions of the court before any such kind of sale or alienation. the minor can file a suit to set aside the deed within the period of limitation 3 years on the minor attaining the majority, as prescribed under Article 60 of the Limitation Act. In case the minor has died before attaining majority, the legal representatives of the minor should bring the suit within 3 years from the date on which the minor would have attained majority.

As per Section 8(2) of the Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act 1956, permission of the Court was necessary for the guardian to sell minor's property. Sale in violation of Section 8(2) is voidable as per Section 8(3). Therefore, the sale remains valid until set aside by the Court. A document which is voidable has to be actually set aside before taking its legal effect.

If any suit is filed by a minor on attaining the majority, seeking for cancellation of such sale deed or any other kind of alienation should be asking for declaration of such transaction as null and void along with should also seek for a declaration of title and handing over the possession of such minor, within the limitation period. The limitation period for any minor to challenge such kind of alienation is 3 years from the date of attaining majority. any suit filed after the period of 3 years of attaining majority will not be entertained by the courts.

Posted On : June 30, 2020

Written By :
Sharada H v
Sharada H v
D.O.E. : 8/2004
Bangalore |

Recommended Free Legal Advices
question markQuery against child abuse
If she is a minor then you certainly cannot think of marrying her right at this juncture can remain with her being a protective cover as a friend and law does not bar that. To save her from abuses you/she can file a complain to the police and also to the Protection Officer against the Domestic Violence and get rid of the daily abuses. Once she becomes major you can marry her and take her out of that problem for ever.
question markHow Muslim mother can get Custody of male son?
Aap guardian wards act ke antargat custody ke liye court me case file kar sakte hai. Jiske liye aap ko advocate appoint karna hoga. Kyonki ye act sabhi dharmo par lagu hota hai. Aap ke pass apne son ka birth certificate hona chahiye. Ab bachha kidhar hai mother jahan rah rahi hai vahan par bachha hai to vahi par district court me case file hoga. Agar bachha dusre district me hai tab vah us district court me file hoga jidhar bachha nivash kar raha hai. Please respond
question markHow can I bring back my minor son to my home?
You should not get him forcefully rather you should file a case for child custody at your place of residence if you are planning to follow the legal procedure. If you just go and bring your son then she might lodge a police complain which will make things worse for you and your son so better follow the legal process or else talk to your wife and cajole her to come home with son.
question markGuardianship
Petition under section 9 HMA is wastage of time as even if you get decree in your favour even then you can not compel your wife to live with you. In case of daughter preference in relation to guardianship is given to mother. Your wife can claim maintenance for herself and daughter and also residence. Merely because your wife is not earning does not make you entitled for guardianship of daughter. You can file guardianship case under guardianship and wards Act where as interim relief you can ask for meeting and visiting to daughter.
question markChild Custody
Hi, You should gather proofs so that you can ask for a divorce. As far as child custody is considered you will have to prove that your wife is incompetent to take care of your child only then will you get custody. If you find this answer helpful please rate my answer. Thank you.
Expert Lawyers in Child Custody Family Registration
D.O.E. : 12/2007
Mumbai suburban
View Full Profile
D.O.E. : 7/2016
View Full Profile
D.O.E. : 1/2001
View Full Profile

Please enter the text



Send your queries to

[email protected]
Consult Sale Lawyers from your City!
Post Your Matter
Post Your Matter to connect with the Lawyer online
Call 7604047602 for any assistance
Symbol for Lawyer
Find Lawyers by Location

Download the Clients App on

Vidhikarya App on Android Platform

Contact Details

[email protected]
505-A, Terminus Building,
Newtown, Action Area I,
Kolkata 700156

Download the Lawyers App on

Vidhikarya App on Android Platform

Certified by Startup India, DPIIT


Payment secured by :

PayUMoney PayPal net banking
visa master maestro
Celebrating 5 years