Fraud in the name of data entry Fraud in the name of data entry

I got a call from one of the Consultancy stating that they offer work from home data entry kind of work and asked me to attend an interview where the registration fee is rs 100 which is nonrefundable. I attended and after the interview they demanded 2500 rs as security deposit and which is refundable. Later they gave me some work which the data was irrelevant and I have to complete the work in 5 days. But I was not able to download the data and after multiple calls somehow the data got opened in the 3rd day and I completed the work. But they rejected the project stating that I did notsign the terms & condition in soft copy. Now they are not giving other projects as well as they are not refunding the money. Earlier they mentioned that I will get 4 projects in month. What can I do now, please suggest.

Ankita Jaiswal

A.It's a big scam in cyber crime, u can file online complaint on cybercrime.gov.in, also File FIR, if u like my ans PlZ rate my ans *****, thanks
Rpy here

Sidhaarth

A.It is a scam. Report the matter to police.

This is a scam. Do not agree to pay money to unknown parties over the internet in the future. Complain to the police about cheating and fraud under Sections 415 and 420 IPC.
If you found this helpful, please rate us.

You have fallen victim to a scam. File a complaint with the police for cheating and fraud under Sections 415 and 420 IPC.
Beware of such schemes in the future.

question iconblackmailing - I met through grinder
You should inform the whole incident to the cyber crime department of your local jurisdiction and lodge a complaint against him for blackmailing you and extorting money. You should not worry about your family since it will be a confidential matter between you and the police authority.
question iconRegarding mental harassment and false case
First of all you should send them the reply to their legal notice as your defense with the help of an advocate then if they still harass you then you may sue the said company for their wrongful activities against you.
question iconISA Agreement
Dear Client, As you have lost your job that might be depending on the merit. And regarding the money they are asking from you you can lodge a FIR in the nearest police station.
question iconData entry job: asking for 4000 to pay to complete work or legal notice
Dear client, This is the 5th complaint we have received on this platform regarding the same problem. Whichever company it is, do not pay them anything anymore. It is a fraudulent company. They cannot send you any legal notice, if they say so, ask them to pay your money back first. Please be careful before signing up for such jobs.
question iconCan I pay that company?
Dear Client, You may go through the terms and condition to which you entered with that company. If there is any such clause to which you agreed then it becomes your duty to comply with the said conditions. However any illegal conditions may not be enforceable in law, hence you may go through the conditions once again and revert with the clauses making your responsible to pay such a huge amount.