REFUND Appeal REFUND Appeal

we have appeared for gst audit for the period 2017-18 and 2018-19 and they have raised demand for wrong head tax payment of Rs.620154 and we have paid the same through Drc-03 and they also told claim refund for the same which already debited through gstr3b in march 2019. and we have received audit report on 01.04.2021 after we have filed refund application on ground gst assessment but the gst officer rejected our refund application for the reason which is beyond two years as per Sec 54 (1) of CGST Act (time is elapsed to apply refund application) But my question is we have received audit report on april 2021 how can we apply refund

Adv. Sarika Khude

A.The limitation period that applies for an application of a tax refund is 2 years irrespective of the fact that you have received an audit report before or after the refund application.

Thank you very much

You have to approach Appellate Authorities or directly to the High Court by filing a Writ Petition seeking necessary reliefs. You may not get justice from the same officer but you can get some justice from Appellate Authority and ultimately you will get full justice if you approach High Court.

I could have explained more if background is known to me.

The limitation period that applies for an application of a tax refund is 2 years irrespective of the fact that you have received an audit report before or after the refund application.
Thank you.

question iconAmedement of Incorrect Invoices of 2017-18
Dear Sir, It is a financial /business related issue. So u may take the advise of the Auditor / CA / Expert who is well versed with GST payment rules.
question iconPartner opened another company and not willing to pay the pending GST
Dear Sir, Please take a report from your Auditor about the pending GST and get issue a legal notice to your partner to clear that amount failing which u may go to civil court.
question iconGST Refund Received on export of goods on payment of duty , sales not realized
You should consult with a taxation lawyer immediately for your solution who deals such cases for better and proper remedy.
question iconDo I really need to register for a GST number especially since GST is not even applicable for international services?
Dear Client GST has been a tricky subject for most of us and has gone to the level to be called itself as ESOTERIC in nature. Anyways since the export of services are not covered under the GST hence i...
question iconGST on Export of Services
In my humble suggestion, all imports into India are subject to GST in the form of an IGST levy and 10% of the value of the items is the rate.