Company Forcing me to Serve the 60 Days Notice Period Company Forcing me to Serve the 60 Days Notice Period

I am working in one of the largest Paint Manufacturing Company in India. Recently due to some issues with the systems & management i Resigned from my Duties by Giving 30 Day Notice Period and 30 Days Recovery Period, But they Revoked/Rejected my Resignation and then on 20th day when i insisted that i have to leave the job so my Boss is asking me to again initiate my resignation Process and forcing me to serve entire 60 days. In the Appointment Letter it is clearly Mentioned that "ON CONFIRMATION, SIXTY DAYS NOTICE IN WRITTEN BY EITHER PARTY OR SALARY IN LIEU THEREOF. Now my Boss is telling me that there is no Clause of Resignation in the Appointment letter there is only TERMINATION clause. Please help me and suggest what to do.


Responded 4 months ago

View All Answers
A.Dear client I am sorry to hear that. In this situation I request you to go through your job appointment letter to confirm. If the letter doesn't explicitly mentions Resignation clause then you can do nothing. However, if it is there you can file a complaint against your employer.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconRape - was peer pressured into drinking
Dear Madam, u have to approach Senior Police officers to register FIR or file a 482 Cr.pc petition to issue certain directions to the concerned officers.
question iconRegarding not giving reliving letter
Dear client, You can request your employer to immediately issue the relieving letter. If he does not obliges, send him a legal notice demanding that he immediately issue the relieving letter along with salary slips. If he doesn't comply, initiate legal action by consulting a lawyer.
question iconSalary pay - leave on immediate bases
Dear Sir, Please approach the following authority or similar authority in a state The Office Commissioner of Labour Karmika Bhavan, Dairy Circle, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore-29. 080-29753078 [email protected] Addresses of Labor Inspectors in Bengaluru in different locations ======================================================================= Section 12 in The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 12. Duties of conciliation officers.- (relevant section 12(2) of ID Act) (1) Where any industrial dispute exists or is apprehended, the conciliation officer may, or where the dispute relates to a public utility service and a notice under section 22 has been given, shall hold conciliation proceedings in the prescribed manner. (2) The conciliation officer shall, for the purpose of bringing about a settlement of the dispute, without delay, investigate the dispute and all matters affecting the merits and the right settlement thereof and may do all such things as he thinks fit for the purpose of inducing the parties to come to a fair and amicable settlement of the dispute. (3) If a settlement of the dispute or of any of the matters in dispute is arrived at in the course of the conciliation proceedings the conciliationofficer shall send a report thereof to the appropriate Government 1 or an officer authorised in this behalf by the appropriate Government] together with a memorandum of the settlement signed by the parties to the dispute. (4) If no such settlement is arrived at, the conciliation officer shall, as soon as practicable after the close of the investigation, send to the appropriate Government a full report setting forth the steps taken by him for ascertaining the facts and circumstances relating to the dispute and for bringing about a settlement thereof, together with a full statement of such facts and circumstances, and the reasons on account of which, in his opinion, a settlement could not be arrived at. (5) If, on a consideration of the report referred to in sub- section (4), the appropriate Government is satisfied that there is a case for reference to a Board, 2 Labour Court, Tribunal or National Tribunal,] it may make such reference. Where the appropriate Government does not make such a reference it shall record and communicate to the parties concerned its reasons therefor. (6) A report under this section shall be submitted within fourteen days of the commencement of the conciliation proceedings or within such shorter period as may be fixed by the appropriate Government: 3 Provided that, 4 subject to the approval of the conciliation officer,] the time for the submission of the report may be extended by such period as may be agreed upon in writing by all the parties to the dispute.]
question iconRegarding NOC for job change
Dear Sir, Now you can get the NOC from your present employer and face the interview for new job otherwise you may be denied new job.
question iconTotal pay-cut for on last 6 months shift allowances due to system error
Dear Client You need to specify where do you work, whether in private firm or government sector, since basis that the resolution may vary. If your organization is covered under the labour laws like Factory Act or Industrial dispute Act then you can approach the Labor Court with your issue. If not then you have to fight it out taking help of a lawyer.