Total pay-cut for on last 6 months shift allowances due to system error Total pay-cut for on last 6 months shift allowances due to system error

We have been working on shift for over a year now. Before starting shifts, our manager showed us a screenshot of the policy showing that the 1.30 pm to 11 pm shifts were legit. But according to the real policy shifts must overlap between 11 pm and 6 am. The part my manager mentioned was actually a part of a different portion of the policy non-applicable to the current scenario.

Now there was an error in the system portal that allowed my manager to assign a shift for us from 1.30 pm to 11 pm, which is not in sync with the real policy and should be available there. If the shifts were from 2 pm to 11:30 pm, it will be aligned with the policy but the current shift assignment was not.

Around 6-7 months passed and my manager continues to assign the same 1.30 pm to 11 pm shift and we were also receiving the compensation accordingly.
But then on Sep-28, we received an email stating that there was an error in shift assignment, and shift that was not according to the policy will be adjusted in the next payment cycle.
So, on the Sept-22 salary, the amount mentioned in the email was deducted. It was a huge amount as we worked for around 50+ shifts for the past 6 months.

Now the question is we were kept in the dark about all the policy-related issues. How do we suppose to know that the shift our manager was assigning was not legit? Even so, Why there was communication so late after 6-7 months when we already worked on the shifts?

We worked 50+ shifts, and get paid for the same, and then after 6-7 months my employer is coming and stripped us of the whole compensation showing a policy violation.

Kindly suggest what action should I follow as an Employee. I have already contacted my manager, and HR person but every time I am getting the policy violation as the reason and they are moving on.
Thank You.

A.Dear client,
It is advised to please elaborate on your employment details such as institution, whether public or private, along with your salary or wage being under Rs 18,000/- or above. This is because work organizations fall under the ambit of a variety of laws according to which the remedies provided to an employee varies to case to case.

A.Dear Client
You need to specify where do you work, whether in private firm or government sector, since basis that the resolution may vary. If your organization is covered under the labour laws like Factory Act or Industrial dispute Act then you can approach the Labor Court with your issue. If not then you have to fight it out taking help of a lawyer.

question icondelayed salaries
Dear Client, you can talk it out with the management and if nothing comes out of it then you can file case in the NCLT.
question iconLegal notice for not joining the company
Dear Sir, Such notice is not maintainable and he can't go to any civil court to claim penalty of Rs.35,000/-. U may just ignore such notice and go in search of new job.
question iconI resigned from TCS on May 2021
Hi client, In that case contact the employer via mail. You need to speak to them . Such important matters related to employment must be done in writing and documentary form. Mere oral conversations d...
question iconsalary not credited
Hello Client, Are 90 days over since your last working day? In that case, contact your HR and kindly clarify once more. Hope this helps.
question iconEmployer ask to work forcefully
Hi client, Report the same to the head department. Comfort of employee is also a responsibility of an employer. If not responded well you can send a legal notice to the department. Thanks and Regard...