Q.Eviction and Business Loss

Q. Eviction and Business Loss

Hi,
I rented a 3BHK house for running it as a Guest House. Since, societies generally do not give permission for running a Guest House, I signed the lease only after the owner took permission from the society. But on the first day of my occupancy, the owner called me up and told me that there was a miscommunication and that the society won't let me run a Guest house. She has returned my Advance rent and security deposit but she is refusing to bear the brokerage and other business costs which I have to bear because of her miscommunication with the society. Is there a way to claim this damage from her? The broker on the other hand is also refusing to return the money.

A. Legal notice would ve first step
P

ARPIT BATRA

A. Dear client kindly send them legal notice through lawyer.if they deny to recover damages then you can file suit against them

Deepak Bade

A. Lodge a complaint with the local police station against the dealer (agent) for cheating and fraud.

View {{count[2]}} Replies

Shashank Malhotra

Should I warn them before filling a complaint?

If the legal notice is against the dealer (agent): No. Chances are if you send a legal notice he might disappear or go into hiding. Better is to lodge a complaint against him and let police do its investigation. At least it will generate a fear in him that he might have to face a criminal proceeding if he refuses to pay and that you are serious to get back your money. Alternatively you can ask him to provide you with another accomodation for the same brokerage amount. See what works best for you.

If the legal notice is to be served upon the owner: Yes, but chances of recovering brokerage from the owner is slim as he had not received the brokerage. Will have no effect of such legal notice on the owner.

A. LOSS OF BROKERAGE IS ON A/C OF RENT DEED BETWEEN YOU AND HAVE TO SUFFER DUE TO THE MISTAKE OF THAT GUY. give him a notice of making loss good through me, an advocate, through vidhikarya.com

View {{count[3]}} Reply

Shashank Malhotra

Is it possible to account the owner for the Business opportunity loss too?