Q.Eviction suit for illegal altetation

Q. Eviction suit for illegal altetation

I am a tenant in mumbai under rent control act. Landlord has filed eviction suit that I have done illegal alteration to loft. My room has a mezzanine floor / loft with height 4 feet which is 60% of carpet area but the municipal assessment report does not mention this anywhere. It only mentions carpet area as 180 square feet. It is excluding the mezzanine floor area. The existence of mezzanine floor is also not there in the MCGM assessment report. The carpet area af room is 180 square feet. The mezzanine floor / loft are is additional 90 feet. Is my mezzanine floor illegal because I have claimed that it is there since inception of my tenancy but building plan also shows only 3x3 loft and no mezzanine floor that I have filed in my reply. Will my claim stand in law or will court dismiss my claim?

Please get in touch with a local Advocate who is well versed in Local Laws and also must have handled the eviction cases.

A. As per handing over the room and present position is the requirement any changes/alteration renders you for action in the ongoing eviction, better to consult a Expert lawyer to defend & protect you in the ongoing eviction suit.

A. Without permission from landlord such alterations are objectionable