90,000+ Legal Questions Answered

Tax Credit not given by IT deptt Tax Credit not given by IT deptt

7 months ago

I am a retired CPSU employee. I filed my return for assessment year 2022-23 before the last date of paying income tax. Despite depositing tax, I am getting tax notice from Income Tax Department. I have also filed rectification twice but the result is zero. I have also submitted an online grievance and uploaded all the tax challan proofs in it, yet the Income Tax Department is sending me notices to deposit the tax. I don't understand why he can't see the tax proof. This is visible in my tax form 26AS and is also visible in my return. I have also met the ITO of my city and I have given this proof in his office also but he says that we do not have rectification access right and only Bengaluru will do it and that is why my case has not been solved yet. They have stopped my refund of around ₹ 12000 for assessment year 2023-24 and adjusted it in the tax demand. Please let me know what action I should take in this.


Responded 7 months ago

View All Answers
Respond to the complaint: Prepare a formal response to the complaint filed against you. Clearly outline the terms of the verbal agreement made in front of the police and any other relevant details that support your case.

Gather evidence: Collect any evidence that supports your position, such as records of the verbal agreement, communication with the tenant, and any other relevant documentation. This evidence can help you establish the terms of the agreement and demonstrate your compliance with the law.

Follow legal procedures: Adhere to the legal procedures in your jurisdiction for handling tenant disputes. This might involve attending hearings, providing evidence, and following the guidelines laid out by the local housing or tenancy authority.

Maintain records: Keep a detailed record of all interactions and communications with the tenant, including any notices, agreements, or other relevant documents. This documentation can serve as evidence in case of any future legal proceedings.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconIncome Tax
Dear Sir, You may please contact any nearest auditor or chartered accountant as your question involves Tax issues.
question iconCrypto Trades
Dear Client, The existence of the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) plays an important role in their economic relationship.By eliminating the...
question iconIncome Tax threshold for tax free pension
Dear Client, Income Tax related issues are well addressed by a Chartered Accountant or an Income Tax Practitioner who possesses expertise and in-depth knowledge on the subject, So, you are requested t...
question iconWhat should I opt Old Regime vs New Regime
Dear sir You have to consult service advocate or a person who is expert in such subject otherwise you may be mislead.
question iconExemption on interest education loan
Dear Client, Under Section 80E of the Income Tax Act, 1961, if an individual has taken an education loan and is repaying the same, then the interest paid on that loan is allowed as a deduction from hi...