ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Land dispute under section 144
Administrative Law (456)
Adoption (122)
Advertising (53)
Animal Laws (40)
Arbitration and Mediation (40)
Aviation (15)
Banking (553)
Bankruptcy and Debt (182)
Cheque Bounce (405)
Child Custody (159)
Civil (2052)
Commercial (74)
Consumer Protection (573)
Contracts and Agreements (463)
Corporate and Incorporation (101)
Criminal (1608)
Customs, Excise (39)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (330)
Debt and Lending Agreement (79)
Debt Collection (166)
Divorce (568)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (308)
Domestic Violence (581)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1111)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1954)
Financial Markets and Services (93)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (270)
Immigration (54)
Industrial Laws (55)
Insurance (75)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (106)
International Laws (12)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (611)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (61)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (15)
Motor Accident (137)
Muslim Laws (60)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (61)
Police Laws (64)
Power of Attorney (75)
Privacy (92)
Property (2875)
Real Estate (405)
Registration (137)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (141)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (26)
Tax-Property Tax (31)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (22)
Transportation (59)
Trust and Society (NGO) (84)
Will (142)
Work Permits (33)

Q. Land dispute under section 144

Placeholder image

Ravi Singh

posted 1 year ago

My neighbour has filed a case in SDM court under 144 to stop the construction of my house, which is adjacent to his land. He has written that we are doing construction in his land forcibly. But it's not true, we are doing construction in our land limits only.

Now there is no order or notice send by the court to us to stop construction. Only one time attendance has been done yesterday in the court.
Local police is telling that section 144 is imposed on this land and we can't construct anything. I checked with multiple lawyers and found that it can be imposed in a field or open area only not on a house. We have our house from last 25 years on that land and we are living continuously since there. We were doing construction in a part where the neighbour is doing all these things and Police is threatening us to stop the construction.

I live in Ranchi Jharkhand.

Please clarify me these things-
1) Can Police stop us on the basis of notice of the court to represent our side?
2) Is section 144 is followed like this only, without any order or notification from the court?
3) Is it all depends on the Police to how to impose 144 ?
4) What is the directions of section 144 on land dispute?
5) What we should do to stop these things and start our construction without any problem?

I'm a simple man and don't understand these legalities. But after this all I can say that still there is no hearing of a simple innocent person in this country. Anyone can blame you and make you trouble through court and Police.

My contact no is 8076796990.
Email id

I will highly appreciate a concise and fruitful advice from all of you.

Thank you.
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 5 of 5 Responses


Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Rajender Prasad

Experience: 5 Year(s)

Responded 8 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. To start the construction and uninterrupted to accomplish your project you may do certain legalities, then no one will interfere you in your business.
To know in detail you may contact with me getting my information from the site.

Shailesh Kumar
An Advocate at Jharkhand High Court, Ranchi

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shailesh Kumar

Experience: 10 Year(s)

Responded 11 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Sir,
Go in revision before the Sessions Court or High Court and get that order stayed or quashed then continue your construction. They chosen short cut method by bribing police.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. Sir,
If no body having civil court injunction you continue the work.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Johnson Thangiah

Experience: 18 Year(s)

Responded 1 year ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. You need to vacate such 144 i.e injunction to start further construction.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
View {{count[4]}} Reply
Placeholder image

Ravi Singh

Experience: 1 Year(s)

Replied 1 year ago

Thank you so much sir.
Please tell me the detailed process. I will be highly obliged.

Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us