How to withdraw a criminal case? How to withdraw a criminal case?

Gud morning sir
There is a case going on in session court. Our case is a trespassing case. Our neighbour is trying to encroach our small portion of land for his parking. We have filled a case against him. But now the problem is he has sold his property to another person. Now do we need to put case on them also. Please help me

Devesh Tripathi

A.See once previous encroacher has left u can withdraw the case from court or can file application to lok Adalat for closer.
If new occupants also do the same u can get lodge a fresh case against them.
U can file case in sdm court too under section 133 crpc

If it is a small case with bailable offences then witnesses can be turn hostile or a compromise petition may be filed in the Trial Court and get it closed. Otherwise you have to go to the High Court and get it quashed under Section 482 of Cr.P.C.

Rate me Five Star*

A.See Section 441 Criminal Trespass is a compoundable offence hence you can ask the accused to move an application under Section 320 CrPC to compound the offence and and while doing so elaborate the fact that he has sold the land he will no more be staying there. The Magistrate will do the needful hopefully.

Your neighbor would still be liable for his illegal actions, even though he is not the owner of the property. You can still claim compensation and damages from your neighbour. The buyer of the property can committed no wrong, so he is not a party to the case. If you want to withdraw the case, you need to move an application of withdrawal before the court.
If you like my answer, please rate me.

Search a criminal lawyer here

You can continue the case against your neighbor, as he had committed illegal act, therefore he can still be punished as per the law, even though he is not the owner of the property anymore, still if you wish to withdraw the case, you will have to move an application of withdrawal before the court.
If you like my answer, please rate me.

Devesh Tripathi

A.best way is that u enter into compromise with your neighbor in court both of you sign and submit under section 320 crpc court will allow u and then with the copy take permission from concerned hon'ble high court. Very simple process

question iconProperty issue
Dear Client, According to Hindu Succession Act After Father death only First class heirs are entitled for his property. the First Class heirs are deceased person's mother, wife and Children. So accord...
question iconProperty - my ancestors used to own a land
Dear Client, After going through the facts I am confused. Please elaborate the facts more clearly and kindly let me know.
question iconPOA misuse for inventory proceedings
Dear Client, Can you please give more details regarding the case so I can advice you better? Thank you.
question iconPhysical and Mental Harassment. Money Not Given
Dear Sir, You may bring the above conduct to the notice of executive board of your housing society. Further, you may get issue a legal notice then file a suit for recovery of the said amount.
question iconOnline loan app
Dear Sir, It does not have any effect on your CIBIL score since such transactions may not reflect on any public domain.