Legality and possession of decorative items. Legality and possession of decorative items.

Hello sir/mam, i have two simple queries or questions as below -
1). Can i keep a Blunt sword for wall decoration purpose inside my private property / house itself.?
2). Can i sharpen it to make it useful for self-protection or Theft / Robbery circumstances..?

Yes, you can do so provided you ensured that it will not be used for threatening anybody. In criminal law mensrea that is criminal intention is most important and if he have no such intention then nobody can object for you to keep such sharp weapons with you.

A.Dear client,
1. A blunt sword may be used as decoration
2. You can do so only after obtaining the license from the police as swords in the hands of non-sikhs require a license to possess.
Thank you.

question iconPrivate cinema cafe - I want to open a cafe
Dear Client The design for the cafe is your own idea and it is legal in law. Go by the steps given below: Register your business entity, giving it a trade name. It could be proprietorship, partnershi...
question iconDriving licence releted
Dear Sir, You cannot drive simply because you declare as passed in the Test exam. You have to get official Driving License otherwise you will be treated as Driving without license.
question iconproduct related - can I used other companys bottle
Dear Sir, Without their consent you cannot use bottle of other company as they may raise some issue.
question iconLicense - can I obtain the drug license
Dear Client, According to the Drug and Cosmetic act, a person can only conduct the drug business and get drug license in the presence of any of these persons, Any Registered Pharmacist under State Ph...
question iconArms liecence
Dear Client, Handicapped person can apply for arms license but that person must be capable to use that weapon (in case if its mandatory to use), I mean he should be able to use the weapon even if he i...