Domestic violence against Senior Citizen Female Domestic violence against Senior Citizen Female

1 year ago

10-08-2022: Whom to contact for domestic violence and harrasment and continuous threat of being killed. My daughter and her husband are continuously harassing me for my house. She is staying with us and sometimes goes to visit her husband who is staying in a rented house located very near to our own house(owner). She even has a Kid (boy) who is staying with is since birth. I do all the child's tasks like taking care, food, clothing, schooling,etc. Being mother and father they don't care about their child. I being a human for the sake of humanity is taking care of her child but along with that I am facing both physical and mental torture form her. I even went to local police for help and even gave them in writing. I feel helpless now. W
God knows what will happen to the kid. According to me she and her husband are after the house(property) as she wants my death. My son is also staying with me and is writing this question on my request. My son is also helpless in this matter. I just want to know that is there anything that can be done so that atleast the kid becomes safe? Can my daughter get punishment like jail if possible? Please guide me.
Name: Minati Biswas
Age: 64
Address: will share later

Abhimanyu Shandilya

Responded 1 year ago

View All Answers
A.Dear Client
I am sorry to know about the situation and feel bad about you. What you can do is to go and meet the Protection Officer and lodge a complaint to him/her. In case you are finding it difficult to approach then you can take the help of a lawyer for this.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconResident order
Dear client The rules regarding residence orders or alternative accommodation for spouses often fall under family law regulations. These regulations can vary significantly between jurisdictions. In so...
question iconDomestic violence
Dear Client, You may reach out to the court clerk who would be able to provide the required information. If you have legal representation, get in touch with your lawyer. They can follow up with the co...
question iconHusband not paying maintainance
Dear Client, Firstly, make sure to keep detailed records of the instances where your husband has failed to pay maintenance. This includes dates, amounts, and any communication regarding the non-paymen...
question iconHusband not paying interim maintenance
Dear client While it's possible to represent yourself in the appellate court, hiring a lawyer is generally advisable, especially in complex legal matters. An experienced lawyer can navigate the legal...
question iconDomestic violence
Dear client The process begins with the victim (complainant) filing a complaint or case with the appropriate court. The court assigns a case number to the filed complaint. This unique identifier is us...