Q. I want to know the rights to keeping a pet dog with me in a government allotted quarter.

Anonymous

Q.I want to know the rights to keeping a pet dog with me in a government allotted quarter.
I have a pet dog for last 5 years. Now i got a notice that you can not keep a dog in government allotted quarter. If you keep a dog after this then you have to empty the house. But both are impossible for me. What should i do?? Please suggest me.

A. ) Dear Client,
Please have a look
The Animal Welfare Board of India as part of the Ministry of Environments and Forests, Government of India has issued an updated circular clearly listing bylaws on all pet dogs and street dogs in the country. The latest circular comes into immediate effect bypassing the older circular issued by the same agency on February 1, 2014. The circular offers clarity and insight on detailed answers on various recurring questions regarding the various aspects of laws concerning pet and street dogs. Common Floor presents you the summary of the significant points mentioned in the latest circular are as follows....
For details you can get in touch either with me or the Ministry.
Shanti Ranjan Behera,

A. ) I agreed with my friend adv gopal bansal. Kindly follow guidelines.

A. ) Dear client such type of notice are not preferred. If your pets are well observed and not disturbing to any other then don't worry.

Gopal Bansal

A. ) Dear concerned,
If you want to keep a pet dog in your government quarter, nobody can't restrain you from keeping the same with you. Even making such kind of by-laws which prohibits the pet dog to be kept in the residential quarter is considered as the violation of laws because Article 51A (g) of the Constitution casts a fundamental duty on every citizen of India to have compassion for living creatures. You can also read "Guidelines- with respect to Pet & Street Dogs, and their Care-Givers, and for Residents' Welfare Associations and Apartment Owners Associations" issued by the Animal Welfare Board of India vide its circular dated 26th of February, 2015 in which the AWBI clearly prohibits any such kind of practice which is against the interest of dogs even if they are stray dogs. For more information, contact a good legal practitioner from the Vidhikarya platform having good knowledge of animal laws.

Anonymous

Replied 1 year ago

Thank you sir..

GANESH SHARMA

A. ) Pls share a copy of the notice. As per Supreme Court Guidelines any RWA or other association etc can not restrict you keeping a dog with you

GANESH SHARMA

A. ) No one can make this type of order. You keep the dog with your there is no bar at all

Anonymous

Replied 1 year ago

Thank you very much sir...

GANESH SHARMA

Replied 1 year ago

Welcome