Senior Citizen adoption Senior Citizen adoption

I wanted to adopt an elderly (aged 66) as my father, he has been staying with me and my family for the past 5 years. There is no property or money attached to this relationship. I would like to support him and want him to be added to my benefits - Insurance, and caretaking. How can I legally proceed? I will be soon migrating to another country, how can I take him with me.

Through the Memorendum of Understanding signed by both of you , you can legally enter into in agreement as a relationship.

You can get enter into Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and get it registered. There is no question of adopting elderly persons but you can undertake to look after his welfare through MoU which is a legal document.

Subhashis Paul

A.For the purpose of making him beneficiary in respect of your insurance and other monetary assets, you may assign him as your nominee in respect of those assets. Moreover, if you want to make his the owner of any asset, then you may execute a gift deed in respect of that asset in favor of that senior aged person. Finally, if you want to take him with you while migrating to another country, then he must have his passport and visa to accompany you. It is not necessary to have any documented relationship with you for travelling abroad along with you.

question iconHindu Marriage Act
Dear Sir, It is forbidden but if your family members have no objection then u can go ahead but at any future point of time u may have to face trouble.
question iconMy father is 72 yrs old - he is trying to sell our house
Hi Client, If the property is in his name he has all the right to sell the same. However, he has to take care of his wife and son if( he falls under the dependent category). You cannot stop him from s...
question iconCourt Marriage - What is the process
Dear Client Court Marriage in one day 1. Total cost Rs. 12500. no hiden cost. But if bride or groom has UP address then total cost Rs 9000 2. the age of boy should be 21+ and that of girl 18+. 3. Tota...
question iconLesbian marriage
Dear Client Lesbian marriage is not recognised by our indian laws so it becaomes void. Hope it helps.
question iconWife filing false FIR U/S 448, 504, 506
Dear Client It would be better to consult an Advocate directly for this matter. So that case must be handled in a lawful manner. Hope it helps.