Senior Citizen adoption Senior Citizen adoption

1 year ago

I wanted to adopt an elderly (aged 66) as my father, he has been staying with me and my family for the past 5 years. There is no property or money attached to this relationship. I would like to support him and want him to be added to my benefits - Insurance, and caretaking. How can I legally proceed? I will be soon migrating to another country, how can I take him with me.

Through the Memorendum of Understanding signed by both of you , you can legally enter into in agreement as a relationship.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

You can get enter into Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and get it registered. There is no question of adopting elderly persons but you can undertake to look after his welfare through MoU which is a legal document.

Subhashis Paul

A.For the purpose of making him beneficiary in respect of your insurance and other monetary assets, you may assign him as your nominee in respect of those assets. Moreover, if you want to make his the owner of any asset, then you may execute a gift deed in respect of that asset in favor of that senior aged person. Finally, if you want to take him with you while migrating to another country, then he must have his passport and visa to accompany you. It is not necessary to have any documented relationship with you for travelling abroad along with you.

question iconI want some legal advice regarding my home
Dear Client, When a property left by the deceased owner intestate, i.e, without any will, the surviving family members of the deceased owner are entitled to an equal share in the said property followi...
question iconCan I give my wife a power of attorney to take care of our child's day-to-day wellbeing
Dear Client, A power of attorney (POA) is a legal document in which the principal (Executor) designates another person (called the agent or constituted attorney) to act on your behalf. The agent can h...
question iconIT liabilities
Dear Client, Nomination is only a clause that allows the nominee to claim assets as ‘custodian’ on the deposit owner's death. Under the Insurance Laws (Amendment) Act of 2015, immediate family members...
question iconRegarding EWS certificate for a Married Person
Dear Client, To qualify for the issue of EWS Certificate, a candidate's annual family income must be less than Rs. 8 lakhs per annum. Their family must not own more than 5 acres of agricultural land....
question iconPPF Nominee vs Legal heir
Dear Client, Nomination is only a clause that allows the nominee to claim assets as ‘custodian’ on the deposit owner's death. The nominee doesn’t get ownership of the assets. They are just trustees/ c...