Gratuity Claims - have set up a new entity as an LLP firm Gratuity Claims - have set up a new entity as an LLP firm

1 year ago

I have set up a new entity as an LLP firm I have other companies with same Directors / Partners my queries are
1) can i transfer my existing employees from one of my entity to the newly formed entity
2) in case of transfer do I need to pay Gratuity to the eligible employees or that liability also gets transferred to the newly formed entity for employees who might be working for more than 5 years in my other Company.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

it depends upon the mutual understanding between old company and new company. But, under any circumstances the eligible employees can't be denied gratuity.

question iconTermination without notice
Dear Client, Dear Client, Termination without notice amounts to illegal termination and is defined as an industrial dispute under Section 2A of the Industrial Dispute Act, 1947 which also violated the...
question iconRe deployment pool - force resign by company
Dear Client, A dispute between an employer and an employee is tried/adjudicated before the Industrial Tribunal/Labour Courts or other quasi-judicial authorities. As stated in your query, the action of...
question iconEmployment Overlapping
Dear Client, The Factories Act, 1948 and the Industrial Employment (Standing Order) Rules, 1946, prohibit adult workers from engaging in dual employment. Further, rules related to dual employment hav...
question iconLayoff of employee with workplace injury health issue
Dear Client, Section 2(oo) of the Industrial Dispute Act, 1947 states that “retrenchment means the termination by the employer of the service of a workman for any reason whatsoever, otherwise than as...
question iconConsultancy - I went for a job abroad interview
Dear Client, From the contents of the query it appears that you encountered a fraudster job agency and that unfortunately happened abroad. In the absence of any confirmation from the side of your pros...