Resignation before end of service bond. Resignation before end of service bond.

I have joined a company which has a 2 year service bond, but the contract paper was not a stamp paper. I have resigned after serving 7 months but now they are asking 100000/- bond amount by saying that I have breached the contract. But first of all in the company contract paper it was written that my probation period will be for 6 months but without even informing me my probation was extended, and also they never provided me any kind of training, not single penny is used from their side for my training. I have submitted all my office assets to them and they have accepted. But now they are asking for money by sending me mails. What to do please help.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar Retired Judge

Responded 1 month ago

View All Answers
A.Dear Sir,
u just ignore their calls and messages. for such meagre amount they may not approach court to recover the amount. The law on this point is as follows:
Fertiliser and Chemical Travancore Pvt. Ltd v. Ajay Kumar and Others
Three trainees were selected by the employer who signed a bond stating that they would obtain two years of training in the company and after the training they will put in at least five years of service in the company. In the event of breach of this condition Rs. 10,000 was to be paid as reasonable amount of compensation for the damages to be likely incurred by the employer. The trainee resigned after five months of training. The High Court of Kerala held in this case that though the candidates were selected for training and not for permanent service, it still involved a lot of time, energy and expenses of the employer. The employer will surely suffer loss when a trainee breaks the condition of bond and walks off. The employer is derived of the expected service of a competent person. Breach of bond by the trainee is aspect entailing damages to the employer. Only the quantum of damages needs to be decided.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconNotice Period
Dear Sir, U can ask your employee to continue to serve for notice period as there is a relevant clause in your offer letter.
question iconRemove from job without intimation
HI client, Send them a legal notice through your advocate,as the reason for such termination cannot be refused including the other factors too. Thanks and Regards SIMI PAUL
question iconForced Resignation
Dear Sir, You may contact the following authority: Please approach the following authority or similar authority in a state The Office Commissioner of Labour Karmika Bhavan, Dairy Circle, Bannergh...
question iconPlace of filing FIR or complaint against Employer
Dear Client it would be better to compliant at the nearest police station of the companies jurisdiction. Hope it helps
question iconAttestation form for government job
Dear Sir, yes you are entitled for Government Job, because any punishment including effect of substantial punishment ends 2 years from its effect.