Q. landlord is refusing to return the advance amount

Anonymous

Q.landlord is refusing to return the advance amount
I moved from chennai to hyderabad on the 27th of April and had rented an apartment.The rent was 16000 and advance amount of 32000 . But when i reached hyderabad the owner told me that a broken sump in the apartent building was being repaired and till may 1st water will only be available for 3 hrs a day and by 2nd of may the repair work would be completed and water would be available 24/7. the owner occupied the house and left on 2nd morning after which i moved in . I found out after moving in that the borewell water had dried up and water scarcity will continue till rains come. I was also told by the residents that this problem was there for almost a month and everyone was aware of it.The owner had lied to me about the problem.Also the apartment was fully furnished but the washing machine was not working and he did not care to repair it.I couldnt stay there due to the water crisis so i informed him and vacated on 18th. However he is insisting to deduct 1 month rent since i dint give him a 1 month notice. he also says he will inspect the apartment and deduct more money in case of repairs.The rental agreement has no clause that says he can deduct advance money. He is trying to cheat me, how do i recover my money.

Get issue a Legal Notice followed by a civil suit for refund along with interest and cost.

Please call me and take legal consultancy on my mobile through the administrators of this website.

A. ) Send him a legal notice to that effect and if he fails to comply then you can go ahead with legal proceedings.