Q. 10 year old TDS refund pending from Income Tax department

Anonymous

Q.10 year old TDS refund pending from Income Tax department
I have filed my income tax 2007-2008 and assessment year 2008-2009.I have approached Income tax department for many years from 2010,I have given many complaints 2012 2013 and 2015 finally 2018 and 2019 to concerned income tax officers.They simply acknowledged my complaints and tds refund never affected to my bank account. Few officials informed me that they lost my files and asked me to produces form 16 originals and i have presented the originals including 26 a doc for 2008-2009 period My Pan was associated with Tambaram Chennai circle as of 2019 April. The current Income tax commissioner advised me to migrate my Pan to Chennai Nungambakkam and she has initiated the process and asked me wait up to march month. I have received a letter from Chennai Tambaram IT office regarding migration and advised to contact a processing officer,I met a gentil officer on April 24th 2019 and he said migration already happened and send me to give a complaint to the section officer who is incharge for my case. I went and met that officer he asked all the details , I have submitted all the required documents later he has issued an acknowledgement also on 24th april 2019. he said since my TDS refund is long pending and amount is more than 1 lac he has to take permission from Joint commissioner .I have approached him May and june but he said that the processing officer at that time did not processed my ITR so he need to write letter to the superior officer regarding this case. He keep shifting date fortunately all the TDS deducted details are showing income tax site. I request you all to advice me how to deal this case with Income tax department.I have no money to spend since jobless for 6 months.If i get this refund that will be a great financial support at present for my family. kindly share your thoughts free advices are welcome kind regards k,v,pradeepan

A. ) Consult a CA.

Please consult chartered accountant.

Adv. Swapnil S Bhalerao

A. ) Hello,
A written application to both the Joint Commissioner and his superior mentioning all the facts and copies of your documents should be filed to bring the matter to attention and on record.
I suggest that please take advice from a local CA or Taxation attorney if the matter is still not responded to.
Hope that helps!
Regards

Anonymous

Replied 1 month ago

A. ) Better information to you should approach to the local Adv who will practice in tax act please

Anonymous

Replied 1 month ago

Replied 1 month ago

Welcome