Partition of parental shares certificates Partition of parental shares certificates

I filed an Application in 2019, through my Lawyer, in the Sessions Court Under section 372 of the Indian Succession Act 1925 rw Section 151 code of Civil Procedure 1908 for Grant of Succession Certificate of shares of my late father who died in 1993 against my younger brother who is physically holding those shares . My Younger brother filed a false & fabricated Say/written statement (without material proof) that the shares have been gifted to him by my father as Gift Inter Vivos and the case was dismissed uncontested though I told my lawyer to challenge the Say filed by my brother. My advocate has advised me to contest the case in the Civil Court. All I want to know is it the right procedure that the case can be dismissed on a simple false say of my brother or can i still proceed with the case and if “yes” how? Secondly can I charge my brother by filing criminal case against him for holding shares of my late parents since 26 years. The shares are still in the name of my father

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar Retired Judge

Responded 3 years ago

View All Answers
A.Dear Sir,
You may prefer appeal before High Court.

Please contact through the administrators of this website.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconPass port issues
Dear Client, Police can verify your passport but for only short period and if you are going abroad and having police case then you have to take permission from the concerned court. Hope, it is helpfu...
question iconFriend not returning money and escaped the city.
Dear Client So, if the police refuse to file FIR, the aggrieved party has several rights to pursue criminal or any other complaint. People can approach the local magistrate or the local court to file...
question icon100 offences within a year
Dear Client He will not be sentenced for 500 years it sound unrealistic though. He will get aggregate punishment in total for exan if he has committed offence of maximum 7 years punishment then he may...
question iconFalse allegation and defamation in family matter
Dear Sir, If you want you can file counter complaint immediately. You may get anticipatory bail and go for quashing of such false FIR registered against you.
question iconEffect of withdrawal of divorce petition on FIR of theft against wife
Dear Sir, It doesn't effect your case in High Court. It is a criminal case, unless u wish to withdraw then only it will have effect.