Harassment by neighbours Harassment by neighbours

I have some neighbours who are constantly harassing me and my family. They say nasty things about us outside loudly. At first, it was behind our backs. Gradually, they began to insult more openly. One day, I reacted from my house strongly and it was night. I had hid behind the sofa to do my work, because they were constantly barking out insults and unwanted comments whenever I sit by my window inside my room. They always watch us like burglars and always make unnecessary comments. They even peep inside the bathroom. On that day, I felt suffocated as a result of hiding behind the sofa, I found it difficult to do my work. I was sick that day. They were barking out insults as usual and even obscene language whenever I go to some of the rooms. Later that night, I felt very uneasy and sick and felt emotionally upset. Therefore, I said a few things to myself. However, these people came to hear it and they made a scene out of it and decided to use it against us. They tried to frame me by saying that they couldn't sleep that day, because of what I said, but they usually stay up past 1 and even 3(some of them work night shifts) and say unnecessary things. I went over in the morning trying to address the issue, fearing that I had disturbed them. However, I soon came to understand that they were just using it and some other neighbours who always make a meal out of trivial things like we talked inside our house about people, walked indoors and so on. Some of these people had come out and threatened many years ago. We live far away from our family and friends and they are taking advantage of it. There are a few politicians over there who host drink parties at night and so on(not sure if they still have those these days).

Coming back to it, they used this incident to insult me publicly, unlike the other times where they used to either cover up or pretend. They even called a lot of people and told them a lot of nasty things about me and they insulted me and my father for days. They even threatened that they had some picture or videos or something of me on the net(inappropriate). It happened for a few days and one day I called the police and the police told me to tell them to mind their own business and I can register a complaint.

Some of those guys have lost their jobs due to corona and they are trying to frame me by saying that they are not looking for a job, because of me and their children can't study and other excuses, when they are the ones who stay all day long and say vulgar things very loudly. They also tell people who pass by unnecessary things and lies throughout the day. I seldom stay here as I find it difficult to concentrate.

Please advise me on this matter. Thank you.

You can file a complaint regarding nuisance to the society committee. If this problem persists then you can lodge a complaint against the neighbors in the police.

DIYAVARHUSSAIN SHAIK

A.Dear Client'
As per your inputs you have been insulted and iltreated by your neighbours
First lodge a police complaint under private nuisance and describe all the incidents to the police they may take actions as per the law support your version

Jayaditya Gupta

A.File a FIR against those persons and if police does not register any FIR then you have to approach the magistrate to direct the police to register a FIR and take appropriate steps in the investigation. They are doing wrong which is a cognizable offence in nature and according to the Indian Penal Code,1860.
And approach a good lawyer who will guide in this mess created by them.

question iconI have live in relationship
Dear Sir, If you try to recover such money she may lodge any complaint including a complaint under Section 376 of IPC. You must be aware that dealing with such ladies is very dangerous and spoil your entire career and you may be put in to jail.
question iconMoney Loaned - I have given 35K
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, you can approach the Court and file for a suit regarding the same.
question iconDisturbances due to construction noise
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, you can file a complaint with the Karnataka State Pollution Control Board (KSPCB) regarding sources of noise that are ongoing. The infringing party will receive a notice from KSPCB.
question iconafter-how-many-years-the-owner looses possession-of-theagricultural-land to tenant farmer
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, since land is a subject of the state, it is better to consult a local attorney who is proficient in handling these matters.
question iconRti information - applicant can ask the own format
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, for requests for information, there is no set application format. On plain paper also, the application may be submitted.