Khata for ancestor property issued to a person who is not legal heir Khata for ancestor property issued to a person who is not legal heir

Ours is an ancestors land property, Revenue department illegally issued khatas after the death of my brother in his name (dead person's name). Now my question is whether mutation can be issued to another person who is not a legal heir.

The revenue department cannot issue khatas apart from when asked by the legal heirs.

Swapan Mukherjee

A.No, mutation authority has no power to issue any mutation certificate to anyone other than a legal heir.

question iconladlord didnt raise invoice
As a tenant it is your obligation to pay the rent. If you mish to pay the unpaid rent, then the same can be settled in the Court room.
question iconGrandsons Rights over Grandfathers Property
Dear client, Since this is an ancestoral property every son will get an equal share in the property. Hope it helps.
question iconPartial Deposit Held
Dear Client, You can give your landlord a legal notice, or file a civil suit for money and criminal case for cheating and criminal breach of trust. Hope it helps.
question iconAncestral property - father has expired
If she refuses to sign any affidavit then you should consider the said transaction as illegal since the minor son also holds and possess an equal share of right unlike his brother and mother but since...
question iconEWS - income is less than 8 lakh limit
Dear Client I will advise you to follow the legal etiquettes and do not look for reservations unnecessarily. Moreover, if you are gifting the flat, you will have to loose possession of the same, then...