ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Marrying to a foreigner
Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (146)
Civil (1938)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (544)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (543)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1038)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1844)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (253)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2731)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (133)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Marrying to a foreigner

Placeholder image


posted 11 months ago

Hii i am shubham from delhi my gf is from chile she came to india on 8th june she has a 2month visa and her visa will expire on 8th august we have decided to get married on 16th july because i will be 21 legally on 16july and we want to marry in aryasamaj and before that a conversion will take place becasue my gf want to convert in hindu and she have all her documents translated from ministry of chile for marriage so i wanted your help please tell me we can get married and there is no problem please help me and i also want a lawyer for my marriage so please tell me she is in india for 2months visa
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 6 of 6 Responses

A. dEAR SIR, For details, pl. contact some advocate through

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Rajender Prasad

Experience: 5 Year(s)

Responded 5 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Friend,
You may go through the following procedure under Special Marriage Act
Conditions Necessary for A Marriage
The following conditions are necessary:
1. That neither party has a spouse living at the time of marriage.
2. That neither party is incapable of giving a valid consent to the marriage due to unsoundness of mind.
3. That neither party has been suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and the procreation of children.
4. That neither party has been subject to recurrent attacks of epilepsy or insanity.
5. That the bridegroom has completed the age of 21 years and the bride the age of 18 years at the time of marriage.
6. That the parties are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship. However where a custom governing at least one of the parties permits a marriage between them, such marriage may be solemnized non with standing that they are within the degrees of prohibited relationship as follows:

The requirements of procedure as per Karantaka State is as follows regarding fees and formats

3. Every Marriage Officer shall cause his name designation and the regular working hours of his office to be written in English and in Kannada and displayed in a conspicuous part of the building in which his office is situated.
4. (1) Notice of any intended marriage under the Act shall be given in writing in the form specified in the Second Schedule to the Act to the Marriage Officer by both the parties intending to enter into the marriage either in person or by registered post.
(2) Where the notice is delivered in person, the fee prescribed therefor in rule 10 shall be paid directly in cash to the Marriage Officer. Where the notice is sent by registered post the fee shall be remitted by money order at the remitters expense and the receipt issued to the remitter by the post office through which the remittance is made shall be attached to the notice.
(3) As soon as the notice has been received by the Marriage Officer a distinctive serial number shall be entered on it and such number and the date of receipt of the notice shall be attested by the signature of the Marriage Officer. If the notice is in the confirmity with the requirements of the Act, it shall be entered in the marriage notice book which shall be
1. Published in Karnataka Gazette part IV I C (ii) 16 dated May 18, 1961 page 1003 to 1010.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. Dear,

After your girlfriend's conversion, marry as per Hindu rites and customs in Arya Samaj and thereafter, get your marriage registered at the marriage sub registrar's office and obtain marriage certificate. This will be enough proof of your marriage.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Advocate B. Srikiran

Experience: 10 Year(s)

Responded 11 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. there is no problem, you can marriage from the aryasamaj mandir and registered your marriage.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon


Experience: 12 Year(s)

Responded 11 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Your girl friend can go for her conversion just before yiur marriage at Arya samaja as per their rites, they take care of that.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Prabhakara S K Shetty

Experience: 19 Year(s)

Responded 11 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Yes it is possible under the Special Marriage Act.
You both apply for a notice and after 30 days your marriage will be final and get marriage certificate.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shubhankar Dutta

Experience: 9 Year(s)

Responded 11 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us