vacating tenant vacating tenant

my father gave a shop to a tenant with a bond from 2012 to 2016 taking an advance amount of 50,000 without any monthly rent. In this past 4 years we didnt even took one rupee as rent from tenant even the bond expired before 4 years. my father recently passed away. we asked our tenant to vacate the shop but he demanding for the advance amount of 50,000 even he stayed without any and paying rent. should i go to police first to make him vacate because he dont have any legal document or should i file case in court first?

You may approach police as well as a suit for eviction or to recover possession. You must say that Rs. 50,000/- was adjusted towards 3 years rent and he is over staying.

Rate me Five Star*

A.Hi
An eviction notice can be sent to the tenant ordered by the court.And as far as the advance amount is concerned, you can refuse to pay back it to the tenant since the bond had already expired 4 years ago. The police would not be able to help you with this matter.
But this also depends on the situation that whether you asked the tenant to vacate the place in all these years, if not, the court will definitely consider this situation. Since the bond had already expired, you definitely have the right to ask the tenant the vacate the place and for the same.. Thank You.
If you found this helpful, do rate us.

Since the bond had already expired, you definitely have the right to ask the tenant the vacate the place and for the same, an eviction notice can be sent to the tenant ordered by the court. The police would not be able to help you with this matter. And as far as the advance amount is concerned, you can refuse to pay back it to the tenant since the bond had already expired 4 years ago. But this also depends on the situation that whether you asked the tenant to vacate the place in all these years, if not, the court will definitely consider this situation. Thank You.
If you found this helpful, do rate us.

Srinivasa Prasad

A.Best possible option shall be to pay him Rs.50,000/- ask him to leave. If you go to police / court, it will take substantial time, money and loss of man days.
Better get it settled, ASAP. Throw him out of your premises and let out the premises to new tenant by executing lease deed.

Adv Chakrapani Madupu

A.do you have rental deed / agreement

question iconMy father had gifted a property to my mother
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, if the property belongs to your mother, she cannot be harassed in this way and you can approach the court to put forth your grievance.
question iconNeighbors not allowing to paint my home
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, you cannot encroach into someone else's land an you cannot force them to allow you to enter their premises and paint our wall.
question iconWater usage in public pipe
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, if the property is public, they cannot restrict its usage only to themselves. You can complain regarding the same.
question iconCivil - plot total area I bought is more than the actual
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, now since the property is already sold, not much can be done about it.
question iconCivil - f 2 defendant are parties
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, it can be done, however, the other defendant should appear before the court.