Is it crime to chat with call girl Is it crime to chat with call girl

Is it a crime if you chat with a call girl, i didn't met her it was just chat. Now i received a call and he identifying himself as a Police personnel. He told me we captured a call girl and we have evidence of whatsapp chat against you. He asked me to pay 50k to remove my name. I am 80% sure it's a fake scam call.

But i want to understand whether i have done something illegal by chatting with a call girl ?

Can someone please help me to understand as that person might harras me again on phone.

A.before moving ahead, contents of the chat are required to understand,
1. if it was a normal chat no need to worry,
2. if it contains nudity, adultery, etc and the alleged call girl makes any complaint you may face some trouble,
however, from the given facts it seems the caller is trying to extract some money from you,

ARSHAD ALI ZAIDI ADVOCATE

A.If you chat with a call girl, it is not a crime. This is a fake scam call.

Ankur Goel @ Complete Law Shield

A.chat with call girl as customer to buy sex is crime.
but police will never ask money on phone.

Tanay Khandelwal

A.While it is not a offense to chat with a call girl unless it is done by force, so the police cannot harass you

Sidhaarth

A.Talking to a call girl is not a crime and police does make call in such manner. Just file complaint with police against the caller.

Chatting with a call girl is not a crime, but hiring women for sex is a crime if caught and sending such message to a women is also crime unless she herself offer such thing. The person is extorting money from you, you should make a police complaint against such person.
If you like my answer, please rate me.

This is a case of extortion and blackmailing, you should file a police complaint against such person. Conversation with a call girl is not legal offence, but if you indulge in escort activities in public, then you will be punished as per law.
If you like my answer, please rate me.

question iconBlack mailing
Dear Client There is no need to pay and police officers are not allowed to do such things and you must record the details like his name, police station and etc and also record the call. It would be b...
question iconCheated me and physical use of mine
Dear Sir, Without marriage you have no rights on her. Even if you are married the Supreme Court says that married women is at liberty to involve in adultery and husband has a remedy of divorce only.
question iconSeduce by Partner
If your partner is above 18 and you both does it by consent, then don't worry. If you feel it's a trap then avoid your partner. Rest you need to speak with the advocate personally to understand how...
question iconBlackmail - How to get rid
Dear client, File a police complaint against such person and if it doesn't work, file a case under Section 383 of IPC.
question iconCheating - I met a guy in dating app
Dear client, Sorry you are going through all this. Blackmailing with photos can both be a civil offense and a criminal offense in India. A lawyer might help you by filing a civil case asking for an i...