Q. Wrong income and TDS in Form 26AS

Anonymous

Q.Wrong income and TDS in Form 26AS
Dear sir, I live in rented premises. My landlord, while making advance tax payment for his rent income in March 2018 online through SBI portal, have made some mistake because of which it is showing as my income and the tax paid by him as TDS deducted under Part F of my form 26AS. This is absurd as i have neither sold any property nor rented any property to tenant. This is solely because of the mistake of my landlord. He has wrongly used my PAN no. Since the due date for filing return is near, I am feeling miserable. I cant declare a income which is never mine. I have tried to persuade my landlord to get the mistake reversed/rectified, but he is showing little interest. Now, please advise me steps to rectify this and how to indirectly persuade my landlord to rectify the mistake. The part F of the form is clearly showing transaction amount of Rs. 81000 and TDS of Rs. 4100 and the PAN no of my landlord. This is for FY 17-18. Please help.

Nirmal Chopra

A. ) If u are already a registered user, login in the e filling section of IT department or if not registered then register at the first instance and raise a grievance immediately on the portal. Thereafter file your IT return if required and don't mention the transaction of landlord as your income.

Anonymous

Replied 1 year ago

Thank you for your kind reply. I understand that the Grievance will serve as declaration that it is not my income. Is there any way to reverse the transaction by the landlord or any way to make it binding on his part?

Nirmal Chopra

Replied 1 year ago

U should send a written complaint to Income tax officer of your area.u will find the ward no and name of the ward in the previous IT returns.