Regarding Caste Regarding Caste

Iam serving in a government department since last 23 years as steno. 1998 I joined in Advocate General's office, High Court Building, now im in Vidhana Soudha since 2012. My parents expired in an accident in the year 1994 and i was a minor taken care of by my uncle and he has entered as Christian in all my school records. My father was a govt. servant in Education Department and in his service register his caste is mentioned as Adi-Dravida, Scheduled Caste. Hence, on that basis I applied in Civil Court in the year 2012 for declaring my caste and correction in school records. After I got my judgment in my favour, I was informed by the Education Authorities that Civil Court is not the jurisdiction to declare the caste and to make necessary corrections in school records they required caste certificate, I approached Social Welfare Department and Caste Verification Committee to scrutinize my father's caste and declare my caste too. Thereafter, I on the directions of Social Welfare Department to the concerned Tahsildar, I was issued caste certificate in the year 2020. Then my office Authorities (State Government) wrote a letter to the Social Welfare Department for validity of my caste. There also after due verification, they have issued Sindutva Certificate (Validity Certificate). Subsequently, I gave a representation in my office to include my caste in the service register and grant me consequential benefits as a Scheduled Caste. But the authorities asked my father's death certificate which i had already produced to all the authorities. In that my grand father name is K.C. Rajagopal alia Andrew. They have noticed my grandfather's name as Alias Andrew and have sent my Sindutva Certificate (Validity) for re-verification. Please help me in this regard as to how to overcome this situation. I have not suppressed any facts to any of the authorities. Only based on my father's records I have approached the authorities. Since I am in a Government Job will it affect my career ? Pl do advise. Thanks in advance.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar Retired Judge

Responded 1 year ago

View All Answers

A.Dear Sir,
You require full fledged legal advise on the basis of documents. Please share hard copies of documents and get legal advise.


Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconNOC Department and legal Notice
Dear Sir, Such companies are many and they are cheating the young youth. You need not worry about it and disconnect all connections with them. Is online data entry jobs are fake? it is totally scam p...
question iconElectricity board
Dear Client If that bill is incorrect then you can challenge that bill in the court of law and before doing that ask the board on the clarification that why a 9 years old bill is sent now.
question iconEWS Certificate
Dear Client Yes you can add this income to your family income and it would be better to get advise from taxation expert. Hope it helps
question iconCooperative Society Election
Hello Client, I am uncertain as to what your question is so kindly explain it a bit more. Thank you.
question iconNotice - Can I send notice to electricity department
Dear Client You can write an application to the officer of Electricity Board of your jurisdiction it cannot be guaranteed that you get record of last 9 years but for some specific duration they may p...