Abusive neighbour woman Abusive neighbour woman

A woman who is my neighbour used to speak very abusive language in front of everyone and judge everyone character and join other men's name with girls she's is mentally very dirty . Can I take legal action against her because she abuse everyone.


Responded 3 months ago

View All Answers
A.Dear client,
The key points of this are to remember to:
1. Not get angry as it will escalate the situation.
2. Remain calm even if the neighbour doesn’t.
3. If the neighbour becomes aggressive, retreat from the situation immediately and call the Police if you need to at any point.
4. If you are uncomfortable with directly approaching your neighbour because they may have been difficult in the past, you may need to start gathering evidence of their behaviour if they are being difficult or they are harassing you.

- Section 268 of the Indian Penal Code defines nuisance when the person is guilty of a public nuisance when he does any act which causes injury, danger or annoyance to the public or the people in general who live or occupy the property in the neighborhood.
If this type of harassment is faced by you from your neighbor then, you can file an application under Section 268 of IPC in the court of magistrate.
- You can also file a case of defamation against them under Section 499 of IPC.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconStudent issue
Dear Sir, such cases are many. Only remedy available to you is to approach High Court and get a directions to return your originals if they are holding otherwise ask them to go to court to recover ar...
question iconCase filling
Dear Client, Kindly give more details about the facts of the case and then only can I advice you. Thank you.
question iconI was used political flag in my car
Dear Client If you use political flag on your cars it is a punishable offence. Party flags can be used by only the executive members of the party and not by ordinary member. Hope it helps.
question iconHarassment and Money Not Given
Hello Client, Please contact an advocate and file a case against these people on the grounds of mental and physical cruelty.
question iconThreatening Tone of Messages on WhatsApp Group
Dear Client You should report this matter to the local police station of your jurisdiction. Hope it helps.