Sold my 4 yrs old bike without RC Sold my 4 yrs old bike without RC

2 days back,I sold my bike that I had bought in 2018.Due to some personal issues I couldn't generate its RC on time and was unable to generate it later on as it was not possible for BS4 vehicles anymore as per the RTO.The person who bought my bike claimed that he would get the RC made and if not then he would just use it inside township (not on road).So is it okay to let him keep the vehicle or should I get some agreement signed from him? What can be done or what should be done in this situation?

No agreement will bind him and if any accident happens then the RC Owner only will be held responsible to pay the compenstation.

A.Dear client,
The Motor Vehicle Act states that no person can drive a vehicle on Indian roads without a registration certificate. So, your sale is not legal if you are not transferring with RC. Better make sure that he has the RC. You might land up in trouble later on. No letters will work in such cases.

question iconBuyer has transferred vehicle on his name even after 12 months
Dear Client You can file a written police compliant to the local police station it would be better to take help of an Advocate. Hope it helps.
question iconTraffic challan court case disposed but echallan not updated
Hello Client, Echallans should be updated pretty fast and if that is not the case if your situation, kindly contact their service desk to enquire about the same.
question iconOld bike being used by someone else
Dear Sir, You may lodge a complaint with RTO against such scrap buyer and see that vehicle is seized and get rounded of registration number of the vehicle as a scrap vehicle.
question iconBooked a bus ticket directly from the website
You may send a legal notice to the concerned bus company for refund of your paid money or else you have to file a case before the consumer forum for getting the refund. If you file a case before the c...
question iconRC - I bought a second hand bike
Dear Client! Don't transfer the RC in your name. Since there is a loan on bike, there must be hypothecation on the bike before the Office of the RTO. Kindly lodge a formal police Complaint against...
Read Blogs on Transportation