Change in surname in death certificate and share certificate. Change in surname in death certificate and share certificate.

My late grandfather is holding a share certificate in a name of CHANDRAKANT K. SHAH while in death certificate and any other legal documents are in a name of CHANDRAKANT K. DESAI. There is no other proof with SHAH surname neither any aafidavit Stating BOTH PERSONS ARE SAME made by him.
Due to differences in surname company is not converting physical share certificate into demat.
Kindly give me the possible ways to prove both persons with different surname are same.


Responded 2 months ago

View All Answers
A.Dear client,
You should approach the “Municipality or MRO office” from where the certificate was obtained. Obtain Death Certificate Update/correction Form' from the respective counter or write in a paper to apply.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconNeed help in updating DOB in Tenth Marksheet
Dear Sir, Go to the Board and get the procedure and follow the same. You have ample opportunity to do the same by yourself.
question iconDOB change on 10th marksheet
Revised CBSE Rules of correction/change in name/DoB are as under Dear Sir, The following link explains you how to change. Rules regarding Co...
question iconDob change in my 10th marksheet
Dear Client See, you can not change your date of birth in your 10th class marksheet but you can make changes again in your adhaar card. As you have already changed your adhaar card dob before, you ca...
question iconRegarding OBC NCL Certificate
hi client, No you are not eligible to get the said certificate because of the income criteria of your father. Thanks and Regards Simi Paul
question iconRegarding Document misuse
Dear Client No your share can not be revoked.It would be better that you can challenge this issue in the civil court Hope it helps.