ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.delay of 10 month towards change of name in RC papers of motor car
Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (146)
Civil (1931)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (542)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (541)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1038)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1842)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (252)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2729)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (132)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. delay of 10 month towards change of name in RC papers of motor car

Placeholder image


posted 2 months ago

I had agreed to buy a second hand car, May 1st 2018, on following condition that NOC and Change in name in RC will be carried out interstate.(Car is registered in Mumbai and was to be transferred to Gurgaon)
Upon agreement, I had released 90% of agreed amount to the owner and taken delivery. 10% of balance amount was to be released after receiving change of registration in my name.
After chasing multiple times, the change is still not done nor any of the original papers are still handed over to me.
Every time the previous owner says that he is getting it done through agent is it is procedural delay.

I am mentally harassed as I have already given Rs 4.10 Lacs(90%) amount of car but not able to use since documents are not in my name since past 10 months.

I have not only lost interest on amount for no usage but even car value has also depreciated in past 10 months.

What can I do in such situation? What are my claims that I can raise.

Please guide.

Warm Regards

Rajesh Gupta
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 2 of 2 Responses

A. Dear Sir,
Get issue a legal notice and file a civil suit against him.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. If u have transferred amount record then go to the nearest police station and register your complaint against them immediately under section 420of IPC

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Rameshwar Dadhe

Experience: 2 Year(s)

Responded 2 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us