June 23, 2020, 6:30 pm | Updated July 11, 2021, 2:33 pm IST
In the Present day scenario as the land costs are raising everyday and also the cost of property development, Investments have been raising drastically year on year & has been a big contribution for the GDP of the country. Thus for every one to purchase a Property by making huge investment should ensure that the property documents are legally valid & they get a legal right over the property to enjoy the same absolutely. Here is the check list below provided to be verified by a legal expert before buying a property. Though Documents may vary depending upon the history of property.
Listen to this article

Table of Contents

Title Deeds/ Mother Deed of the land

RTC/Pahani of land

Mutation Entry of land

IHC Certificate

Nil Tenancy Certificate

Family tree



Land Survey records,

Survey Assessment


Village map

Index of lands

RR balbagh

Secondary reclass tippani

Endorsement issued by Assistant Commissioner under sec.79A & B of KLRA & under sec.4 of PTCL Act

Registered Partition Deed/s

Registered Sale Deed/s

Registered Gift Deed (If any executed)

Will/s(If any executed)

Mortgage Deed and Discharge Deed (If land was mortgaged for any banks to secure loans)

Encumbrance certificate of land/s for past 30 years

Tax paid receipts

Registered Joint Development Agreement Executed between Builder & Land lord/s

Registered General Power of Attorney Executed by Land lord/s in favor of Builder

Conversion order issued by Deputy commissioner permitting the conversion & use of agriculture land to Non-Agriculture residential use.

Conversion fees paid challan/receipt

Permission for change of land use

Building Approved plan And License

Plan sanction issued by Competent Authority

Commencement Certificate

NOC from BWSSB, BESCOM, KSPCB, HAL, BSNL, SEIAA, Fire Department, Airport Authority of India

House & Vacant Site register extract

Betterment charges paid receipt

Work Order issued by Competent Authority

Katha certificate

Completion & Occupancy Certificate

RERA Registration certificate

Encumbrance certificate of flat

Written By:
Sharada H v

Sharada H v

Recommended Free Legal Advices
question markHow to Assign New Plot Numbers for Plots that have been Sub-Divided 3 Response(s)
plots can be registered with sub-division numbers like A,B,C etc. they will get numbers as per chennai development authority after proper division. lawyer in chennai will take care of it because you will need lawyer for drafting sale papers. Hope this clarifies, Advocate Ankur Goel (Complete Law Shield) #YourLifeYourChoice Note - This is just a small advice. Proper advice can happen only after going through details.
question markConversion of leasehold plot to freehold on Relinquishment deed 1 Response(s)
Dear Client, As per Section 105 of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882, a lease is a transfer of an interest in the property for a stipulated period without transferring the ownership of that property. In a lease, the right of possession is transferred instead of the right of ownership. Anything affecting or touching the class of a leasehold property requires permission/NOC from the lessor who is the owner of a leasehold property. A lessee has no right to apply for conversion of a class of property from leasehold to freehold without permission or NOC of the lessor. A will made on plain paper witnesseth by two witnesses is valid and enforceable unless it is disputed by the legal heirs of the deceased person. After the demise of the lessee i.e, the friend's father in 1975 the legal heirs had to approach the Lessor for devolution of property in their name based on probate of the will. Until and unless the Lessor transfers the shares of leasehold property to the legal heirs, the relinquishment deed executed by the legal heir relinquishing their rights to others stands infructuous and not enforceable under law. Reach out to an Advocate for guidance and steps.
question markBetting sites 2 Response(s)
Hi, Online betting is legal, but these websites are designed in such a way to make it almost impossible for the consumer to win. You should be cautious when using them. If you found this helpful, please rate us.
question markPerson disputing the land plot which is in our possession since 2009 1 Response(s)
You May appeal against the order in the Higher Court.