ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Administrative Law (422)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (521)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (379)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1950)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (548)
Contracts and Agreements (452)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1523)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (322)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (142)
Divorce (475)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1049)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1857)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (54)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (576)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (58)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2743)
Real Estate (402)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Mrs

Placeholder image


posted 1 year ago

Hello, I am an Australian citizen and visiting India for a short time. Everytime I visit India, my real brother obtains my details such as when J am arriving, visiting which city, which hotel I will be staying in and pass the information to others in an effort to stop me from seeing someone. This is a breach of my privacy and I find it very stressful. Please advise what can I do to protect my privacy and what action should I take against him.
Thank you
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 4 of 4 Responses

A. You should find out how and from where he obtains the information and block that.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. Are you Indian National having Australian Citizen.Now by sharing your Visit details to your brother in good faith is to facilitate & help your visit and as per the requirement of visiting foreign countries for Australian citizen to relatives details.However If you feel there is breach of trust & privacy and stressful you can completely change the close relative clause & requirement of naming your brother,secondly if you feel to take suitable action you can do so & also refrain your brother not to interfere in your privacy & misusing the information. Better to consult a senior Lawyer to issue suitable communication to refrain from any vested interest & act on his part during your visit to India.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Ambrose Leo

Experience: 9 Year(s)

Responded 1 year ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. You can get issue legal notice through Indian Advocate to him in the above matter and clearly mention that if he done so you will claim liquidated damages.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. Ma'am I hope you understand that when you share your itinerary details with your brother then it is no more privacy matter (in strict sense) and breach will depend on the fact that with whom is he sharing those details? Is it an outsider or someone who is misusing these information to extract some benefits from you or is it someone from the family and relatives? The privacy laws are not that strict here in India unlike some other countries and in your case I can say that you got to be careful about sharing the details about your itinerary with your brother. You can speak to me over phone for legal consultancy if there is a need.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us