Q. Mrs

Anonymous

Q.Mrs
Hello, I am an Australian citizen and visiting India for a short time. Everytime I visit India, my real brother obtains my details such as when J am arriving, visiting which city, which hotel I will be staying in and pass the information to others in an effort to stop me from seeing someone. This is a breach of my privacy and I find it very stressful. Please advise what can I do to protect my privacy and what action should I take against him.
Thank you

Prabhakara S K Shetty

A. ) You should find out how and from where he obtains the information and block that.

A. ) Are you Indian National having Australian Citizen.Now by sharing your Visit details to your brother in good faith is to facilitate & help your visit and as per the requirement of visiting foreign countries for Australian citizen to relatives details.However If you feel there is breach of trust & privacy and stressful you can completely change the close relative clause & requirement of naming your brother,secondly if you feel to take suitable action you can do so & also refrain your brother not to interfere in your privacy & misusing the information. Better to consult a senior Lawyer to issue suitable communication to refrain from any vested interest & act on his part during your visit to India.

A. ) You can get issue legal notice through Indian Advocate to him in the above matter and clearly mention that if he done so you will claim liquidated damages.

A. ) Ma'am I hope you understand that when you share your itinerary details with your brother then it is no more privacy matter (in strict sense) and breach will depend on the fact that with whom is he sharing those details? Is it an outsider or someone who is misusing these information to extract some benefits from you or is it someone from the family and relatives? The privacy laws are not that strict here in India unlike some other countries and in your case I can say that you got to be careful about sharing the details about your itinerary with your brother. You can speak to me over phone for legal consultancy if there is a need.