Abusive and Harrasing Police on the streets Abusive and Harrasing Police on the streets

I am a respectable citizen of my country and am above 18+ years of age and have my driving license and all the papers of my vehicle and all the PUC and registrations already done, this question is regarding the police (not traffic police) sometimes traffic police too who just stop us on the road when we are in our vehicle out of nowhere and ask unnecessary questions that are not relevant. I am 21 years of age and it is pretty common in our age group. These policemen purely stop us with an intention to gain some bucks off our pockets. They act as if we people are nothing and are inferior and they can do and say anything rubbish and abusive and are the superior people only in the world, reason behind being is because they are wearing that uniform. This is something that can't be overlooked and at least I can't take this. Give me an exact explanation as to how I can answer them back legally and if in any case take legal actions against them.

A.Ok here is the answer for you.
First of all these officers are very well trained "psychologically" to catch a person with wrongful mind son have all your papers of the vehicle in place and do not carry anything objectionable or do anything which is objectionable or not allowed on the road. Most of the time they stop those people whom they suspect from their driving pattern or behaviour pattern to have committed something wrong or carrying something which they should not.
Secondly as routin checkup when they stop you ask them confidently what do they want and without getting down from your car show the papers, at max will check your car boot then get down.
If all documents are right believe me they will have no further question to ask except where you are coming from and you are going and then will let you go post breath analyzer test.
If you have nothing to hide or not doing drink and drive then they will not dare to touch you. You don't have to be extra polite to them but confident and stern if need be.

In case you get caught by police then you must have contact of a good lawyer always. Immediately dial him for help.

You may approach High Court along with similarly places candidates and get a direction against police Commissioner or Superintendent of Police to stop such nuisance with youngsters.

Rate me Five Star*

A.Hello
It would be suggested to write a complaint against them to their seniors. Also police have no right to unnecessary stop your vehicle. Also record the instances when you are stopped by police and ask unnecessary questions and try to gain some out of you.
Thanks.
If you find this advice helpful please rate

A.Hello
I understand your problem. It would be suggested to complaint against those officers to their senior. You could also write an email to district SP to to lool into the matter and un necessary harrassing by their officers.
Thanks.

question iconBuyer has transferred vehicle on his name even after 12 months
Dear Client You can file a written police compliant to the local police station it would be better to take help of an Advocate. Hope it helps.
question iconTraffic challan court case disposed but echallan not updated
Hello Client, Echallans should be updated pretty fast and if that is not the case if your situation, kindly contact their service desk to enquire about the same.
question iconOld bike being used by someone else
Dear Sir, You may lodge a complaint with RTO against such scrap buyer and see that vehicle is seized and get rounded of registration number of the vehicle as a scrap vehicle.
question iconBooked a bus ticket directly from the website
You may send a legal notice to the concerned bus company for refund of your paid money or else you have to file a case before the consumer forum for getting the refund. If you file a case before the c...
question iconRC - I bought a second hand bike
Dear Client! Don't transfer the RC in your name. Since there is a loan on bike, there must be hypothecation on the bike before the Office of the RTO. Kindly lodge a formal police Complaint against...
Read Blogs on Transportation