Commercial to private Commercial to private

2 years ago

I am having commercial vehicle but I am using it for personal use. So can I use white number plates on the place of yellow number plate?

Tanmoy Chattopadhyay

A.If the vehicle which is registered as commercial it has to be compulsorily affixed yellow number plate. But if you intent to use the vehicle for personal use then you can apply for change of nature of usage and when done you can affix it with white number plate.

A.Hello Sir.
No you cannot use a white number plate on your vehicle registered for commercial purposes. You could use that vehicle for personal purpose but that doesn't mean you could use white numbers plate. First get the vehicle transferred from commercial to private vehicle and then use white number plate.
Please rate if you find this advice helpful.

Nikunj Chunilal Gada

A.Firstly you need to apply for the cancellation of Commerical Permit to the concern RTO incharge mentioning the reasons for cancellation along with RTO Form ACC (Application for Surrender of Permit and Clearance Certificate) with copy of RC book, Insurance, ID & Address Proof and if vehicle is financed then concerned bank NOC is required. Once the Commercial Permit is cancelled and NOC by Bank, you can apply for re-registration by depositing appropriate road tax along with below mentioned documents:-
-ID & Address Proof along with copy of PAN, 2 Photographs;
-NOC of Cancellation Permit Acceptance;
-Form 20 for re-registration;
-Form 35 (applicable if hypothecated to Financier as NOC);
-Insurance Policy, Invoice copy of the vehicle.

Thank you. Kindly rate the answer.

A.Hello
If your vehicle is registered for commercial purposes then you could only use the yellow no. Plate as provided. Doesn't matter whether you are using it for personal or commercial.

question iconcar black list
Dear Client, As per the mandatory provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and M V Rules, 1989, once a vehicle is sold, the purchaser has to submit statutory forms and other required documents along...
question iconVehicle ownership transfer
Dear Client, There are statutory forms to be signed both by the ex-owner and the present owner to process the transfer of ownership of the vehicle and change of address in the Certificate of Registrat...
question iconI was issued echallan wrongly
Dear Client, Sometimes, E-Challans are wrongfully issued if there are errors with the CCTV camera footage. In this case, you can use the Parivahan website’s Complaint Facility. You must provide proof...
question iconTraffic Challan Query
Dear Client, It appears that a traffic challan is generated for violation of traffic rules that show no vehicle number and the information often uploaded in the virtual platform is typically confusing...
question iconTraffic Challan with my DL and a Wrong CAR Number mentioned on it
Dear Client If visiting the traffic police office does not resolve the issue, you may need to file a formal complaint. Write a letter explaining the situation, stating that you were not driving the ca...