Commercial to private Commercial to private

I am having commercial vehicle but I am using it for personal use. So can I use white number plates on the place of yellow number plate?

Tanmoy Chattopadhyay

A.If the vehicle which is registered as commercial it has to be compulsorily affixed yellow number plate. But if you intent to use the vehicle for personal use then you can apply for change of nature of usage and when done you can affix it with white number plate.

A.Hello Sir.
No you cannot use a white number plate on your vehicle registered for commercial purposes. You could use that vehicle for personal purpose but that doesn't mean you could use white numbers plate. First get the vehicle transferred from commercial to private vehicle and then use white number plate.
Please rate if you find this advice helpful.

Nikunj Chunilal Gada

A.Firstly you need to apply for the cancellation of Commerical Permit to the concern RTO incharge mentioning the reasons for cancellation along with RTO Form ACC (Application for Surrender of Permit and Clearance Certificate) with copy of RC book, Insurance, ID & Address Proof and if vehicle is financed then concerned bank NOC is required. Once the Commercial Permit is cancelled and NOC by Bank, you can apply for re-registration by depositing appropriate road tax along with below mentioned documents:-
-ID & Address Proof along with copy of PAN, 2 Photographs;
-NOC of Cancellation Permit Acceptance;
-Form 20 for re-registration;
-Form 35 (applicable if hypothecated to Financier as NOC);
-Insurance Policy, Invoice copy of the vehicle.

Thank you. Kindly rate the answer.

A.Hello
If your vehicle is registered for commercial purposes then you could only use the yellow no. Plate as provided. Doesn't matter whether you are using it for personal or commercial.

question iconHelmet fine - I was in Goa
Hi client, You need to appoint an advocate for the same . The advocate will represent you and look after the paying of fine amount. Once it is paid it is going to be disposed off. Generally, MV fine...
question iconAlcohol dealing
Dear Client, Dealing in spurious liquor can invite imprisonment from 10 years to life term. The Gujarat law entails 7-10 years of jail to accused found dealing in alcohol, and death penalty if a victi...
question iconSold my 4 yrs old bike without RC
Dear client, The Motor Vehicle Act states that no person can drive a vehicle on Indian roads without a registration certificate. So, your sale is not legal if you are not transferring with RC. Better...
question iconEducational loan - get a education loan of 15 lakhs
Dear Client, There are some banks that can give you loan without the collateral. You can apply in them.
question iconMy father was lorry driver and he was dead in lorry due to heart attack. can i apply the claim for vehicle insurance?
Dear client, Sorry for your loss. The Delhi Consumer Commission has held a person who dies of cardiac arrest following a mishap is entitled to an accidental insurance claim. You might not be able to c...
Read Blogs on Transportation