Vehicle Ownership transfer related issue Vehicle Ownership transfer related issue

I have sold my two bikes; one in 2013 & another in 2015 but unfortunately still the ownership isn't transferred. Meanwhile, I lost contacts of buyers & got back again recently post which I am trying to inform them for ownership transfer but nothing is working out, one buyer says I will do it but no actions from him - false promise & another buyer has sold the bike to someone & that person is unknown to me & when I ask the actual buyer now he says I am helpless; what is the best I can do in this issue, now? Kindly please advise!

It may cause problems for you. It is very necessary to get the ownership transferred or else you may be liable for some acts of the buyer. Please approach a lawyer for legal advice.
Please rate my answer
Thank You

The Bombay high court (HC) has held that the registered owner of the vehicle is liable to pay accident claim compensation to the victim even after selling the vehicle if the registration is not transferred to the buyer's name. Please contact a lawyer for legal advice.
Please rate my answer
Thank You

question iconHelmet fine - I was in Goa
Hi client, You need to appoint an advocate for the same . The advocate will represent you and look after the paying of fine amount. Once it is paid it is going to be disposed off. Generally, MV fine...
question iconAlcohol dealing
Dear Client, Dealing in spurious liquor can invite imprisonment from 10 years to life term. The Gujarat law entails 7-10 years of jail to accused found dealing in alcohol, and death penalty if a victi...
question iconSold my 4 yrs old bike without RC
Dear client, The Motor Vehicle Act states that no person can drive a vehicle on Indian roads without a registration certificate. So, your sale is not legal if you are not transferring with RC. Better...
question iconEducational loan - get a education loan of 15 lakhs
Dear Client, There are some banks that can give you loan without the collateral. You can apply in them.
question iconMy father was lorry driver and he was dead in lorry due to heart attack. can i apply the claim for vehicle insurance?
Dear client, Sorry for your loss. The Delhi Consumer Commission has held a person who dies of cardiac arrest following a mishap is entitled to an accidental insurance claim. You might not be able to c...
Read Blogs on Transportation