Selected {{UnlockArray.length}}

Q. CHANGE OF NAME IN HOUSING SOCIETY SHARE CERTIFICATE

Anonymous

Q.CHANGE OF NAME IN HOUSING SOCIETY SHARE CERTIFICATE
Hello Sir / Madam

Good evening. I had altered my name through a Maharashtra Government Gazette. Based on this, I had requested my Housing Society to effect this change in the Share Certificate. However, they seem to be having a different view in that the housing sale deed has to be re-registered. Can I have your valuable advice in this regard.

Thanks and regards.

A. ) dear client you have published in official gazette notification about your name changed.also you need to give public notice into local newspaper.

Mohd Imran

A. ) they cant deny for that if you have published the same in official gazette notification.

Yusuf Mithi

A. ) Sir/Madam
The sale deed does not have to be re-registered. You will have to give a public notice stating that your name is changed. After the public notice you will have to approach the sub registrar with whom you have registered the agreement under the previous name along with the public notice and the official Gazette which shows the name change. He will make the necessary changes in the records and issue a letter or a copy of the page in which he will make necessary changes as regards your name. You can then submit the said letter to the Secretary for issuing a new share certificate.