ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Administrative Law (422)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (521)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (379)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1950)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (548)
Contracts and Agreements (452)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1523)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (322)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (142)
Divorce (475)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1049)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1857)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (54)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (576)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (58)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2743)
Real Estate (402)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)


Placeholder image


posted 10 months ago

Hello Sir / Madam

Good evening. I had altered my name through a Maharashtra Government Gazette. Based on this, I had requested my Housing Society to effect this change in the Share Certificate. However, they seem to be having a different view in that the housing sale deed has to be re-registered. Can I have your valuable advice in this regard.

Thanks and regards.
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 3 of 3 Responses

A. dear client you have published in official gazette notification about your name changed.also you need to give public notice into local newspaper.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Deepak Bade

Experience: 9 Year(s)

Responded 8 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. they cant deny for that if you have published the same in official gazette notification.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Mohd Imran

Experience: 4 Year(s)

Responded 9 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Sir/Madam
The sale deed does not have to be re-registered. You will have to give a public notice stating that your name is changed. After the public notice you will have to approach the sub registrar with whom you have registered the agreement under the previous name along with the public notice and the official Gazette which shows the name change. He will make the necessary changes in the records and issue a letter or a copy of the page in which he will make necessary changes as regards your name. You can then submit the said letter to the Secretary for issuing a new share certificate.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Yusuf Mithi

Experience: 4 Year(s)

Responded 10 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us