Will i pay stamp duty and registration charges or it will automatically transferred to my name for free Will i pay stamp duty and registration charges or it will automatically transferred to my name for free

1 year ago

We have 5 lands and we are 5 brothers. 4 land registered in our father's name and 1 name is in our big brother's name.Our father was passed away without any will. So we mutually decide and did a partition deed. In the partition deed there is written the property which was in big brother's name will be transferred to me. And the property which were in father's name will transferred to other 4 brothers.

*Will i have to pay 5% stamp duty and 2℅ registration charge* in odisha to register my plot which was in my brother's name but in partition deed it is written it will transfer to me. And will my 4 brothers pay any charge on registering their property which is in father's name?


Responded 1 year ago

View All Answers
A.Dear client, in my humble suggestion, these things depend on local laws, hence, it is advisable to consult a local lawyer.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconPOA - I want to give notarize POA to my daughter
Dear Client, Any document transferring or acquiring the title or ownership of an immovable property value of which is more than Rs.100/- requires registration by the Registrar/Sub-Registrar under Sec....
question iconRefund of Excess Stamp Duty Paid for the Home Registration in Bangalore
Dear Client, Firstly, visit the Sub-Registrar Office in person or contact them through official channels. Explain your situation and inquire about the possibility of a refund or adjustment. Prepare a...
Dear Client, Filing a police complaint is a step in the right direction to address fraudulent activities. However, the police complaint alone may not resolve the property title issue. Consider taking...
question iconRefund fee
Dear Sir, You cannot get refund from the Government Authority or autonomous institutions like institution of chartered accountants. It is your negligence that without checking your eligibility you hav...
question iconRefund
Dear Client If you have paid for a service and then decided to cancel it shortly afterward, it is reasonable to expect a refund, especially if the cancellation occurred within a short period after the...