Central Govt Patent: What is the inventor entitled to? Central Govt Patent: What is the inventor entitled to?

My father was a scientist with a central government research institution. His most successful invention was patented just before his retirement. He is the primary inventor and his name features first in the patent. After his retirement, the technology from the patent was transferred to multiple pharmaceutical companies including a spin-off company,. The products have been received very well in the market, over the past decade or so. The institution has received royalty from the companies.
The institution never informed my father about the success of his patent, and never acknowledged him in press releases or newsletters. Credit and awards have been given to his juniors.

Some of my questions are:
What is my father entitled to? What steps can I take on his behalf? Is there any law that I can avail of?

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar Retired Judge

Responded 3 years ago

View All Answers
A.Dear Sir,
You may get file Writ Petition and the High Court will give some relief to your father.

For full procedure contact me on mobile through Vidhikarya.
Rate me Five Star *
Please visit the following link.


Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconLegal notice for infringement of trademark
Dear Sir, You may immediately file a suit for injunction and get restrain order against it and it stop its business otherwise you will loose good will in the market.
question iconCancellation of candidature for Govt. Job
Dear Sir, Yes, somebody must lodge complaint to the appointing authority and ask them to investigate to find out the truth and ultimately his services will be terminated.
question iconWhats up- In telegram I lost 60k
Dear Sir, You may lodge complaint with Police as it is cyber claim better go to Cyber wing of Police so that you can recover said amount.
question iconStay on land by family member against house building
Dear Sir, You may file partition suit and ask for partition and in the meanwhile file objections and get vacate such stay order granted in favor of your brother.
question iconChairman in co-operative society
Dear Sir, Depending upon bye-laws of your Society one can become chairman. I could have explained more if background is known to me. You are supposed to give more details to get detailed answer....
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark Lawyers