DRIVING 22 YEAR OLD DIESEL CAR IN DELHI DRIVING 22 YEAR OLD DIESEL CAR IN DELHI

I'm from Hyderabad and I will be purchasing contessa 1998 diesel version if I can drive it around delhi without any trouble. I'm looking for answer if it's possible.

It all depends upon the local laws and your capacity to manage the Police. If the local laws says that you cannot run a 22 year old diesel car then it is not advisable to purchase such a car.

Rate me Five Star*

You have to know about the vehicle scrappage policy which the central government has introduced recently. The Ministry has issued a draft notification for amendments to the CMVR (Central Motor Vehicles Rules) for providing a boost to the Electric Vehicles, ensuring divyang-friendly features in buses, and providing an enabling mechanism for scrapping of vehicles older than 15 years. Private vehicles will be de-registered after 20 years if found unfit or in case of a failure to renew registration certificates.
Please rate my answer
Thank You

Recently the central government announces vehicle scrappage policy. As per the new policy, in case of failure to get a fitness certificate, commercial vehicles will be de-registered after 15 years and private vehicles will be de-registered after 20 years if found unfit or in case of a failure to renew registration certificates. Please keep this in mind before the purchase.
Please rate my answer if it is helpful to you
Thank You

question iconHelmet fine - I was in Goa
Hi client, You need to appoint an advocate for the same . The advocate will represent you and look after the paying of fine amount. Once it is paid it is going to be disposed off. Generally, MV fine...
question iconAlcohol dealing
Dear Client, Dealing in spurious liquor can invite imprisonment from 10 years to life term. The Gujarat law entails 7-10 years of jail to accused found dealing in alcohol, and death penalty if a victi...
question iconSold my 4 yrs old bike without RC
Dear client, The Motor Vehicle Act states that no person can drive a vehicle on Indian roads without a registration certificate. So, your sale is not legal if you are not transferring with RC. Better...
question iconEducational loan - get a education loan of 15 lakhs
Dear Client, There are some banks that can give you loan without the collateral. You can apply in them.
question iconMy father was lorry driver and he was dead in lorry due to heart attack. can i apply the claim for vehicle insurance?
Dear client, Sorry for your loss. The Delhi Consumer Commission has held a person who dies of cardiac arrest following a mishap is entitled to an accidental insurance claim. You might not be able to c...
Read Blogs on Transportation