it is necessary to take the no objection affidavit it is necessary to take the no objection affidavit

Respected Sir,

My name is Jeelan Saiyeed and I am an Indian citizen (Muslim) currently living and working in Kuwait.

Firstly, I got married to my First Spouse (Muslim) on 01/09/2014 and later we both put our spouses names on our passports. My name is in my wife's passport and my wife's name is in my passport.

I did not divorce my first spouse and Secondly, I got married again to my second spouse (Muslim) on 11/06/2018, later she made her passport and put my name in her passport. But my passport is containing my first wife's name only.

Now I am planning to bring my second spouse to Kuwait on a dependent visa when I go to the Indian Embassy in Kuwait to get the relationship affidavit. They refused to issue me the relationship affidavit for me and my second spouse. The embassy staff asked me to present an affidavit from my first wife, then attest from the Home Department, Ministry of External affairs.

My second marriage also was registered and legalized by the andhrapradesh government and attested to the Home department Mantralaya by the Subdivisional magistrate and Ministry of External Affairs.

Please suggest does it is necessary to take the no objection affidavit from my first spouse? My first spouse is not ready to give this affidavit...Kindly advise how we can proceed further.

Thank you.

You have to comply the directions issued by the Passport Authorities and if it is difficult and approach any expert who is dealing in International Laws and matters relating to issuance of passport etc.

According to the muslim law you don’t need permission from the first spouse provided you’re maintaining your first wife also.

question iconProperty Will Muslim Law
Dear Client If you make the will, I hope there will arise no problem. Also, you shld once consult who is well verse in Muslim law as there are provisions where the widow sometimes get different share...
question iconWhat is the procedure of islamic marriage with a foreigner
Dear client, Court marriages in India have given an opportunity for individuals to solemnize their marriage procedure, regardless of their nationality. The Special Marriage Act governs the court marr...
question iconMarriage - I am a Non-Muslim, Basically a Sikh
Dear client, Such marriages before conversion would be considered illegal under the Shariat law (Muslim law). So, Inter-religion marriages are performed under Special Marriage Act, 1954.
question iconMatrimonial - My wife demands transfer of land
Dear Sir, Please understand that wife has no right to share your properties her right is limited to claim maintenance from your net income.
question iconFIRST AND SECOND MARRIAGE AND CASES FILED
Dear Sir, Since you belongs to Muslim Community, marrying for second time is not an offence under Section 494 of IPC however both wives have equal rights to file cases under arrears provisions of Dome...