Is oral order by Family court staff valid and Should I follow? Is oral order by Family court staff valid and Should I follow?

In an ongoing child access petition, the order from the judge to allow my alcoholic husband on our sons birthday has not been passed. The case status on the website has still not been updated and is at the Report of Marriage counselor stage.

However, I've received a notice from my husband's laywer that due to the absence of stenographer the order could not be passed and a court staff has instructed to allow video call and meeting once a week.

Is this notice valid without any sign or order from the presiding judge?


Responded 2 months ago

View All Answers
A.Dear Client,
Any order that has been passed by the judge will always bear the judge's signature since it is not enough for the order to be authentic if the judge's signature is not properly affixed to the order copy.
Thank you.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconChild Custody to father
You need to file a custody suit against your wife before the local district court of your jurisdiction so that you get the sole custody as well as visitation right during the pendency of the suit.
question iconChild kidnapped by father
Dear client, Under the laws on violation of child custody, A parent who does not have legal custody of a child can be convicted of parental kidnapping. Conflicting civil custody orders and the involv...
question iconchild custody after 4 years of divorce
Dear Sir, Since the question of child custody is not finalized, so either you have to get NOC either from your husband or file a permanent child custody case and get interim order to take the c...
question iconMinor child custody - wife was thrown out of house
Dear client, Both the parents have an equal right to the custody of a child. However, who gets the custody of a child is still a question which the court has the power to decide upon. Moreover, when...
question iconChild custody - I am working mother
Dear client, A child should stay with grandparents only in case of third-party custody. Third-party custody: If both the parents are either deceased, are unfit to take care of the child, or are abusi...