Keeping Shoe Rack Outside Flat Keeping Shoe Rack Outside Flat

Hi All,

I'm living in building where each floor has 4 flats. 2 in front of the staircase adjacent to each other no space in between both's doors. 2 are adjacent to staircase - 1 on each side.

I have fixed shoe rack on my flat's outside wall. Right side wall which is only space I can use which my neighbor sees in front of his door. No obstruction is caused to him by any means. They can easily enter in & out of their flat. They asked me to remove it just because they don't like to see slippers n shoes in front of his door. Of course I didn't remove it. They complained in society & now society asking me to remove it. Though I still haven't removed it.

I wanted to know, first of all its wall of my Flat & I think it's my full authority to use it as I have purchased this flat by paying my hard earned money & how society is asking me to remove & keep it inside my flat.

Please advise whoever has best understanding of such things.

As you are living under a Apartment and guidelines of society and act accordingly. But this is not a big issue and they are just using there power. So you can file a civil suit, against the society and the neighbour. That how you are being prohibited to use your own area.

Since because you are the member of Society you are obliged to follow the guidelines framed by the Society Management people. Though it is a petty issue if your neighbor is not agreeing then you have to seek civil court intervention and get a direction to your Society people and to your neighbor to allow you to keep shoe rack at the place which is now standing.

question iconAgreement on white paper
Dear Sir, It is not a fully valid document, but it has only 10 to 20% weightage in the eye of law. The aggrieved siblings may approach the civil court.
question iconRelated to flat owner
Dear Sir, There is no law to support you but u can take help of the police or Deputy Commissioner/Collector of your district since u r a student so some sympathy may be shown towards you.
question iconProperty owner of 1/4
Dear Sir, The property which is in possession of joint family members the following principles will apply. ------------------ Right To Joint Possession And Right of Pre-emption The right of 'pre-empti...
question iconInheritance of mothers property
Section 15 in The Hindu Succession Act, 1956 15. General rules of succession in the case of female Hindus.— (1) The property of a female Hindu dying intestate shall devolve according to the rules set...
question iconCar parking space - rent
Dear Client You can write a formal complaint to the Resident Welfare Association if after that nothing changed then you can file a written compliant to the police station of your local jurisdiction....