Q. Is it illegal if i record my conversations without asking participants permission-

Anonymous

Q.Is it illegal if i record my conversations without asking participants permission-
Is it illegal if I record my conversations without asking participants permission to collect evidence towards workplace harassment?

Recently I have recorded multiple audios on my Phone in order to collect evidence against the HR and my manager, who is been forcing me to resign. When I send the evidence to ethics, I have been told that by company director of HR that it is illegal to records conversations without other persons permission.

As per my understanding since I was a participant in the conversation. it is not illegal to record the conversation.

A. ) dear client in your matter you have done something which can be proved to state some one else's mistake, then it may not be considered so stringently.

NILANJAN CHATTERJEE

A. ) You can record what ever you want if you are the participant. And if the company has such policy ask them to show such policy manual.

Anonymous

Replied 1 year ago

Thanks for response. Can those evidence be acceptable in the labor court as evidence in breach of employment contract.

Anonymous

Replied 1 year ago

Thanks for response. Can those audio evidence be acceptable in the labor court as evidence in breach of employment contract

NILANJAN CHATTERJEE

Replied 1 year ago

yes it can be as circumstantial evidence.

Ashish K Dongre

A. ) which company are you working with?? Let me check your appointment letter and any relevant papers when you join your organization( NDA). some company had some policies regarding same

Anonymous

Replied 1 year ago

Nothing mentioned on my appointment letter about audio recordings. Never signed such NDA

A. ) It is true before recording conversations with participants permission is required,when the conversation used as a evidence as the participants also get involved as witness of the complaint.

Anonymous

Replied 1 year ago

Can it be used as evidence, if the only other participent is the accused in the case. ??