Q. My children

Karim Adam

Q.My children
Help me child custody

Landmark Judgement pronounced by SC dealing with guardianship & custodial and visitation rights to parents and children stuck in matrimonial disputes

In a remarkable judgment dealing with interim custody of child suffering in parent’s matrimonial disputes, visitation rights and guardianship, a 2 judge bench of Supreme Court laid down various propositions of law while awarding the interim custody till final disposal by the trial court to the mother. The bench speaking through Justice Vikramjit Sen, lays down very sharp observations and examines various definitions of a ‘guardian’, ‘visitation rights’ and tests the issue from the angle of provisions of Hindu Minority & Guardianship Act, 1956 and Guardian & Wards Act, 1890.In a custody battle between estranged parents, a minor child, who has not completed five years of age, shall be allowed to remain with the mother, the Supreme Court has ruled saying that in such cases child should not treated as a "chattel". The court said that under Hindu Minority and Guardianship (HMG) Act, a father can be guardian of the property of the minor child but not the guardian of his person if the child is less than five years old.
The Court said that there can be no cavil that when a Court is confronted by conflicting claims of custody there are no rights of the parents which have to be enforced; the child is not a chattel or a ball that is bounced to and fro the parents. It is only the child's welfare which is the focal point for consideration. Parliament rightly thinks that the custody of a child less than five years of age should ordinarily be with the mother and this expectation can be deviated from only for strong reasons.
http://www.hrln.org/hrln/child-rights/pils-a-cases/1685-landmark-judgment-pronounced-by-sc-dealing-with-guardianship-a-custodial-and-visitation-rights-to-parents-and-children-stuck-in-matrimonial-disputes.html

CHILD RIGHTS COMMISSION ACT 2006

http://www.kscpcr.com/eng_ver/actsandrules.php

The Karnataka State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (KSCPCR)
4TH FLOOR, KRISHI BHAVAN, RANI CHENAMMA CIRCLE
NRUPATHUNGA ROAD, BANGALORE-

Such Commissions are situated in Every State
.==============
Bombay High Court
Forum For Fairness In Education An ... vs Union Of India And 2 Ors on 2 May, 2016
Bench: A.S. Oka

IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT BOMBAY

ORDINARY ORIGINAL CIVIL JURISDICTION

PUBLIC INTEREST LITIGATION NO. 84 OF 2013

Forum for Fairness in Education An NGO,

Vs

Union of India and Others. .. Respondents
-
5 Before we deal with the constitution of a State Commission, it will be necessary to make a reference to the functions and powers of the State Commission. Section 24 provides that the provisions of Sub-section (1) of Sections 13 and Sections 14 and 15 which are applicable to the National Commission are also applicable to a State Commission. Sub-section (1) of Section 13 of the said Act reads thus:

A. ) U should approach any local lawyer and file children coustody suit