90,000+ Legal Questions Answered

Summon case under IPC 323 Summon case under IPC 323

5 years ago

I have received a summon in 323 case by court and I have appeared and took bail. It has been already 4 months and now case stage is " Evidence before Charge". My question is:

1. Can discharge application be filed in Summon case also under Crpc 245 or discharge is only for warrant cases ?

2. One of the lawyer told me I could have gone for revision in session court using Crpc 397, but now since 90 days period has passed, now I can't. So, in upcoming stage, is there any stage where I can again approach sessions court for revision using Crpc 245 ?

A.it is correct that discharge application is filed in Summon case under Crpc 245 and not in warrant cases but there are a lot of Court judgment which says the court can discharge the matter at any stage if it seems that accused has been falsely and wrongly implicated, therefore, I suggest you go for filing discharge application.

question iconShows date not updated
Dear Client, You have to approach the concerned court regarding the case hearing dates. You can connect with the Registrar of the Court and provide the particulars of the case to seek updates and the...
question iconRegarding government job if convicted in public drinking
Dear Client, A person is not considered for a govt job if he is prosecuted or convicted by a court in a criminal case. Mentioning a court case on a government job application can have different impli...
question iconReopening of uncontested disposed criminal case immediately
Dear Sir, Once convicted on plea it cannot be reopened but may seek enhancement of punishment both by way of fine and imprisonment. You have to approach higher Court.
question iconVague and illegal order passed by Magistrate on recall application
Dear Client, A criminal revision petition challenging the order of the subordinate Court may be filed under Section 397 of the Cr. PC either before the Session Court or the High Court. According to A...
question iconMinor aged 17 has eloped with a boy
Dear Client This can be a serious issue if a complaint is lodged with the police as the girl is still a minor and apart from other Sections of the Indian Penal Code the boy can be even booked (a possi...