Q. Can i file a case in Consumer Court when writ petition is pending in high court

Balakrishna YV

Q.Can i file a case in Consumer Court when writ petition is pending in high court
I have filed a writ petition against an Authority insisting for issue of NOC recently. I have not claimed compensation from the Authority for the delay as high court. Now the petition is pending before the High court.
Can i file a case now in Consumer Court claiming compensation related to same issue?

A. ) state complete facts to get a prompt revert,

Manjula Shanmugasundaram

A. ) If the authority has also provided you with any service or has sold you something and you have paid for it then you can file a consumer complainant. It will be helpful if you tell us which is the authority and what happened between you and it.

A. ) In my opinion since the cause of action and relief sought is different in writ petition and subsequently in consumer case so technically you should be allowed to file the case. But be sure that legally you are eligible to seek compensation for delay otherwise the case will be rejected.
An dhow come that yo are filing a writ petition in HC and want to file a case in consumer forum? There might be clash of jurisdiction.