Grandfather property - died without making a will Grandfather property - died without making a will

My Grandfather had acquired property..He died without making a will .Can we grandchildren have a right to property if the property is being sold.

A.Dear Client
When someone dies without making a will then it is called as dyeing intestate. In this case you all will have ( all the legal heirs) rights in the property and the said property can be shared among the legal heirs as per the law.

Advocate Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya

A.To give opinion, it is necessary to know about the children of your grandfather and whether the children of your grandfather and your grandmother are alive.

According to the hindu succession act:

Class I heirs:-

The property of a Hindu Male dying intestate would be given first to heirs within Class I. They are:
i. Mother,
ii. Widow,
iii. Daughter,
iv. Son,
v. Widow of a predeceased son,
vi. Son of a predeceased son,
vii. Daughter of a predeceased son,
viii. Widow of a predeceased son of a predeceased son,
ix. Daughter of a predeceased son of a predeceased son,
x. Son of a predeceased son of a predeceased son,
xi. Daughter of a predeceased daughter, and
xii. Son of a predeceased daughter.

question iconSalaami Property
Dear Sir, Pls contact local advocate who is having more knowledge about local terminology and local circulars and local laws to get suitable adivce.
question iconmy father is trying to register house by illegal method
Dear Sir, In the property of your property u have a right and u can get injunction order as per following provision of law. ----------------- Section 15 in The Hindu Succession Act, 1956 15. General r...
question iconCANCELLATION OF NOTERIZED DOCUMENT
Dear Sir, get issue a legal notice and cancel sale agreement. However, if he wish to go to court he has to pay huge court fees and also 10 times of stamp duty since it was unregisetered sale agreemen...
question iconRedevelopment of society in Mumbai
Dear Sir, Pls contact local lawyer as the matter pertains to Maharashtra state and the Rules and regulations of Mumbai Muncipal corporation may be substantially change.
question iconPagdi System Shop Mulund
Hello Client, Kindly contact an advocate who specialises in tax law and he will give all details. Hope this helps.