Can I challenge gift deed on account of succession Can I challenge gift deed on account of succession

My Grandfather died in 1989 leaving behind a house built up on 200 sq yds. In a couple of years that property got transferred on my grandmother's name via a relinquishment deed executed by my father (single child). In 1998 my GM gifted 80 sq yds to my father via a gift deed and later debarred him.\n\nIn 2003 my GM executed a registered Gift deed and transferred remaining 120sq yds to a Hindu trust in haridwar. She has died last year. Posession of property is with the ashram people as stayed with them in the said property.\n\nCan me and my brother challenge the gift deed on account of succession?


Responded 3 months ago

View All Answers
A.Dear client, A gift deed can be challenged in court if the deed is prepared forcefully by the owner of the property or without the consent of the owner of the property.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconladlord didnt raise invoice
As a tenant it is your obligation to pay the rent. If you mish to pay the unpaid rent, then the same can be settled in the Court room.
question iconGrandsons Rights over Grandfathers Property
Dear client, Since this is an ancestoral property every son will get an equal share in the property. Hope it helps.
question iconPartial Deposit Held
Dear Client, You can give your landlord a legal notice, or file a civil suit for money and criminal case for cheating and criminal breach of trust. Hope it helps.
question iconAncestral property - father has expired
If she refuses to sign any affidavit then you should consider the said transaction as illegal since the minor son also holds and possess an equal share of right unlike his brother and mother but since...
question iconEWS - income is less than 8 lakh limit
Dear Client I will advise you to follow the legal etiquettes and do not look for reservations unnecessarily. Moreover, if you are gifting the flat, you will have to loose possession of the same, then...